Cruising to St John and Halifax Next Week

sugarsadventures

Try GCZ4QV - that's close to where you'll be. If you have time, do GCKC9G - Ted the Boardwalk Beagle. That's within walking distance, and along the boardwalk, of where the cruise ships dock in Halifax (near Pier 21) and it will take you on a tour of the Halifax waterfront - Theodore Tugboat, the Historic Properties shopping area, the food court, etc. Look for caches near these two to start.

The Shippin Magnate is a good cache to look at in Halifax (GCZ4QV). It is where you land. there are some neat virtuals and an earthcache downtown. It depends what you want to do. Let me know if you need help

Try GCZ4QV - that's close to where you'll be. If you have time, do GCKC9G - Ted the Boardwalk Beagle. That's within walking distance, and along the boardwalk, of where the cruise ships dock in Halifax (near Pier 21) and it will take you on a tour of the Halifax waterfront - Theodore Tugboat, the Historic Properties shopping area, the food court, etc. Look for caches near these two to start.

according to google the cruise ship terminal is on water street, so here is the closest cache, GCV9QA. Hope this helps

ok great! Got Halifax covered! Thank you Know the family wants to go to the Maritime Musuem there any help on St John would be great! Can not wait till next week when we will be there.

I did a bunch in St John's when I was out there a couple weeks ago. If you look at my profile, you will see the ones I did but would STRONGLY recommend the ones up Signal Hill (forget the names) and even better if you have access to a rental car or wanna pay the cab fare to get out to Cape Spear and do the easternmost cache in North America. Beautiful spot out there as well.

In town in St John's, the caches there were so-so. There was a series called Piglet's something or other that were really just a pain. If you can get a rental car, get out of town. I went south to Cape Spear and then did another one a little farther south called Oceanview ini a place called Pretty Cove, I think. It was gorgeous taking you high above the village on a trail that was easy to walk to but had a spectacular view. From there, you can back through the city and go north to Flatrock and Torbay and find a bunch of easy ones in really beautiful areas.

Since many have already covered halifax, I won't speak to these but there were a number of good ones there as well.