Anyway to delete a "virtual" placement of a coin?

Groovy Cachin' Dude!

I have a geocoin that I take to events to let other cachers "Discover" it. My problem is someone got confused and picked it up, and before I could retrieve it, placed it in another cache. Now my coin has mileage on it that I don't want.

Being the owner of the coin (and in my possession), is there anyway that I can delete the move into the cache that the coin never visited? I spoke with the cacher that "grabbed" my coin and they just want to do the right thing.

Any ideas how to delete the last placement?

Thanks

I have a geocoin that I take to events to let other cachers "Discover" it. My problem is someone got confused and picked it up, and before I could retrieve it, placed it in another cache. Now my coin has mileage on it that I don't want.

Being the owner of the coin (and in my possession), is there anyway that I can delete the move into the cache that the coin never visited? I spoke with the cacher that "grabbed" my coin and they just want to do the right thing.

Grab the coin (so now it shows as being in your possession), then delete any logs that you don't want. (Since the cacher wants to do "the right thing" it sounds like there won't be any issues with deleting his or her logs...and if they want the icon, they could then create a "discovered" log...)

Grab the coin (so now it shows as being in your possession), then delete any logs that you don't want. (Since the cacher wants to do "the right thing" it sounds like there won't be any issues with deleting his or her logs...and if they want the icon, they could then create a "discovered" log...)

Besides deleting the logs, you'll also want to "Back" the coin up so it will clear the mileage. You should be able to get it back to what it's supposed to be.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll give those ideas a try! I just knew I'd have an answer here by the time I woke up this morning. The forums are great! :P

[EDIT] Ok, I have the coin in my possession, but how do I delete the log? I'm not seeing any feature like that. Do geo-coins have this feature like cache pages? I see a drop down with "Recalculate Distance", "Mark Item Missing", and "Move to Last Location". I don't want to screw anything up more than it is. Thanks again.

Edited by Dude/Sweet

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll give those ideas a try! I just knew I'd have an answer here by the time I woke up this morning. The forums are great! :P

[EDIT] Ok, I have the coin in my possession, but how do I delete the log? I'm not seeing any feature like that. Do geo-coins have this feature like cache pages? I see a drop down with "Recalculate Distance", "Mark Item Missing", and "Move to Last Location". I don't want to screw anything up more than it is. Thanks again.

Assuming you are logged in, and that you own the trackable item, then you view the item's page. Click on the "Visit Log" link for the log you want to delete. On that page will be a "Delete Log" button.

--Marky

Assuming you are logged in, and that you own the trackable item, then you view the item's page. Click on the "Visit Log" link for the log you want to delete. On that page will be a "Delete Log" button.

--Marky

That Did it! Thanks again for everyone's help!