Quick question

bumblingbs

I've had to move a cache, because it's gone missing, and I hate to put one back in the same spot where I lost one. I haven't checked yet to see how far it moved, but certainly more than 1/10 of a mile. Does anyone know the limit; how far it can go before it needs to be listed as a new cache?

Thanks in advance~

As I understand it, if it is more than 528 feet, you have to get the Reviewer to change the coordinates, but anything more than 100 feet, depending on the area, should probably be a new cache.
I think >100 feet sounds about right for just going ahead and submitting a new cache. :D Edited by TrailGators

Well, thanks for the advice. It's a six mile RT hike on the beach, so the experience isn't really all that different, it's just farther up the beach. And the original was only found by one person before it went (I know, a nice lock 'n lock full of reasonably nice stuff. Urgh.) I suppose I'll just make it a new one, but I thought there was maybe a hard and fast rule at the .1 mile point.

I live near a town that the motto is: 'Stop for a Moment, Stay for a Lifetime.'

It kind of scares me. B)

Kind of Twilight Zone-ish, no? :D

Oh, no, I've got it. It's more The Eagles "Hotel California", where you can "check in but you can never leave". B)

Exactly! You got it.

I might have a photo, otherwise I'll get one on my next cache maintenance.

I think I have an idea for my next travel bug. Bet you can't guess what it is. :D

I live near a town that the motto is: 'Stop for a Moment, Stay for a Lifetime.'

It kind of scares me. B)

Kind of Twilight Zone-ish, no? :D

Oh, no, I've got it. It's more The Eagles "Hotel California", where you can "check in but you can never leave". :D

Exactly! You got it.

I might have a photo, otherwise I'll get one on my next cache maintenance.

I think I have an idea for my next travel bug. Bet you can't guess what it is. B)

And don't tell me it's a roach motel or I'll be rolling on the floor with laughter. B)