Got my first couple of finds!

mcrow

Well, after getting my GPSr last week and playing with it for a while I decided to go after some Caches this weekend.

Managed to snag the South Park Cache. Talk about cleverly hidden! I knew it was right in front of my but couldn't find it, then came across it by chance. ;)

Then i followed that up with four DNFs: Hutch Dam , Mcloed CountyVeteran's memoraial Park , Westside Park, and War Veteran's Memeorial Park .

I'm pretty sure the Westside park Cache was muggled, I found a spot that looked like it once held something but it was empty. I have some ideas to go back an check on a the the other three. All of them are micros, I think.

Then lastnight I found the Swan Lake Cache, this one was pretty easy. Took about 10 mins to find it and I left a lanyard and two fuzzy jigs since there is fishing near by. Took nothing and cammo'd it a little better than I found it.

I can now say that I'm hooked. I'll be out again tonight!

As an added bonus now my wife wants to come! All in all a great weekend of caching. ;)

Well, after getting my GPSr last week and playing with it for a while I decided to go after some Caches this weekend.

Managed to snag the South Park Cache. Talk about cleverly hidden! I knew it was right in front of my but couldn't find it, then came across it by chance. :o

Then i followed that up with four DNFs: Hutch Dam , Mcloed CountyVeteran's memoraial Park , Westside Park, and War Veteran's Memeorial Park .

I'm pretty sure the Westside park Cache was muggled, I found a spot that looked like it once held something but it was empty. I have some ideas to go back an check on a the the other three. All of them are micros, I think.

Then lastnight I found the Swan Lake Cache, this one was pretty easy. Took about 10 mins to find it and I left a lanyard and two fuzzy jigs since there is fishing near by. Took nothing and cammo'd it a little better than I found it.

I can now say that I'm hooked. I'll be out again tonight!

As an added bonus now my wife wants to come! All in all a great weekend of caching. <_<

Way to go! If those DNF's are micro caches... those could be tough until you get an idea of what you're looking for and the various ways to conceal them. I DNF'ed a few micros in my first few days caching.

Enjoy!

DCC

Good Day:

I am new to this geocaching, and would like to have an idea what type of things to take and leave when I find a Cache?

I always try to leave the cache in better shape than I found it...who wants broken Mc D toys? I carry little things for small caches...like marbles, geocoins, pins and state quarters. Then...of course...bigger items for bigger caches...TB's, hot wheels, camping/survival supplies, fishing tackle, bug spray(can you tell I live in the woods?) I only take anything if the cache is in good shape...and there is something really cool. My score is just in the finding of the cache...but then again...I've only been at this for about a year...so it's all still pretty exciting to me.

Good Day:

I am new to this geocaching, and would like to have an idea what type of things to take and leave when I find a Cache?

I always try to leave the cache in better shape than I found it...who wants broken Mc D toys? I carry little things for small caches...like marbles, geocoins, pins and state quarters. Then...of course...bigger items for bigger caches...TB's, hot wheels, camping/survival supplies, fishing tackle, bug spray(can you tell I live in the woods?) I only take anything if the cache is in good shape...and there is something really cool. My score is just in the finding of the cache...but then again...I've only been at this for about a year...so it's all still pretty exciting to me.

Good Day:

So far I have been adding more to the cache than I have taken. Some examples:

I ordered some pins from www.coinsandpins.com :

Gx-sym-wrld-pin-gld-70.gifsatellite-xing-pin-70.gif

People seem to like them so far.

I also bring fishing lures for caches near lakes, lanyards, older coins, and other things.

Other things: I bring a cache repair kit with me that includes and a new log book, pen, duct tape, and extra goodies to restock it. I have been coming across caches that are damaged empty or got wet because of a loose cap. So, in those cases instead of leaving a pin I fix the cache.