NO GPS- I still want to hide a cache- anyone interested in placing one with "coords"?

Magic Marble

[/color]

Hi Everyone....I am REALLY new. Have went caching with my son when he visited here from California. He hid one while here and now I want to hide one ...to watch the development or demise ;) I tried to hide one a couple of weeks ago but the reviewer couldn't allow where I wanted to hide it...behind the one my son hid..which I understand. The reviewer suggested that since I have no GPS, I could ask someone to place my cache or go with someone. I don't mind someone else placing it and putting the "coords" on line, or I could. Like I said, I want to watch it and see the comments ;). Anyone inerested in placing a cache for me? I would maintain it if it isnt a #3 or higher difficulty. I do plan on getting a GPS...in a few months. I am still carrying the "ill fated" cache in my trunk, it is a med-large plastic detergent container. I don't think it is 5 gal size.

Thanks....

MM

I forgot...I live North of the river...near Antioch mall

Edited by Magic Marble

hey good new

here website ...... http://www.infosports.com/m/map.htm

after that check out http://www.calculatorcat.com/latitude_longitude.phtml and you good to go :D

That won't give you the same accuracy as being there with a real GPS unit. :P

But if that is your only option , I would suggest that coords can be off on your cache page.

Edited by Prairiepartners

[/color]

Hi Everyone....I am REALLY new. Have went caching with my son when he visited here from California. He hid one while here and now I want to hide one ...to watch the development or demise :D I tried to hide one a couple of weeks ago but the reviewer couldn't allow where I wanted to hide it...behind the one my son hid..which I understand. The reviewer suggested that since I have no GPS, I could ask someone to place my cache or go with someone. I don't mind someone else placing it and putting the "coords" on line, or I could. Like I said, I want to watch it and see the comments :P. Anyone inerested in placing a cache for me? I would maintain it if it isnt a #3 or higher difficulty. I do plan on getting a GPS...in a few months. I am still carrying the "ill fated" cache in my trunk, it is a med-large plastic detergent container. I don't think it is 5 gal size.

Thanks....

MM

I forgot...I live North of the river...near Antioch mall

You can drop me a line. I can help out.

My e-mail address is in my profile. If you give me a phone number I will give you a call.

Just got an "Owner Log email" My Cache...This one and couldnt believe the log today...I was so happy with what I was reading!!!

I would like to send an extra special thanks to WebScouter for takin the time to help a Cacher from Birth, but with no GPS :o out and helpin in time of need! That was such a cool favor to help my Mamma find the one we placed <_< and placing her own!!!

It is cachers like you that make the caching community such a great place and we need more like you! If your Mamma lives in Cali...I will take her cachin!!! :o

Once again Thank you very much...I really appreciate what you have done!!!...BigD

WOW!!! Thank you all so very much for taking the time to reply and assistance in

placing my FIRST cache!! Do you all remember the excitment?? :lol:

Much appreciation and thanks to Webscouter who actually took me to Penguin Park

and found a GREAT place to stash a cache!! He was leaving the next day for a month

long trip and still took the time to help out a novice!! Seems like cachers are a great

bunch of people!!

Thanks again

MM