60CSx w/ City Nav 2008 lost my route!

DocDiTTo

I have a 60CSx with firmware 3.5 and City Nav 2008 loaded. I was driving down a highway to my "Home" POI when all of a sudden the unit said "Routing Error - no roads close to waypoint" or something like that. I did a Find on my Home coordinate again, and the route came back and took me home. I have my City Nav 2008 maps active, and I'd been driving towards my Home waypoint for about 7 minutes and it had been routing just fine. Then all of a sudden I get this error. Anyone see this with either the new firmware or City Nav 2008? Hopefully it was just a fluke... but I'm not so sure as a lot as changed with my setup in the past week.

Hmm, now that you mention it, I upgraded to the latest firmware (3.5) during the week and yesterday I had something like that happen as well. It was at the end of a full day of geocaching and I figured it was a fluke and forgot about it. I am using City Select 6.

Edited by Hynr

I have had this happen with 3.3 software. I noticed that the gps lost satellite coverage and had me about 20 miles from where I really was. It came right back and started routing me again.

My unit actually gave an error message and stopped routing. It's like what happens when you have the Topo USA maps selected and try to auto route with them - same message. Except it threw this error message after it had already calculated the route and I'd been following it for about 7 minutes. Just heading down the highway... and boom, all of a sudden it doesn't know of any roads near my house?! This is the first time in the year I've had the thing that it's done this. (And the first time I've really had the unit in the car since I updated to the 3.5 firmware and the City Nav 2008 NT maps)

Seems like it could be an issue with the 3.5 firmware since someone else had it happen with City Select. Hopefully we'll get more info here if others have it happen. Might be something Garmin needs to fix.

I have had this happen with 3.3 software. I noticed that the gps lost satellite coverage and had me about 20 miles from where I really was. It came right back and started routing me again.

My unit actually gave an error message and stopped routing. It's like what happens when you have the Topo USA maps selected and try to auto route with them - same message. Except it threw this error message after it had already calculated the route and I'd been following it for about 7 minutes. Just heading down the highway... and boom, all of a sudden it doesn't know of any roads near my house?! This is the first time in the year I've had the thing that it's done this. (And the first time I've really had the unit in the car since I updated to the 3.5 firmware and the City Nav 2008 NT maps)

Seems like it could be an issue with the 3.5 firmware since someone else had it happen with City Select. Hopefully we'll get more info here if others have it happen. Might be something Garmin needs to fix.

When you uploaded the maps it is possible that the "include route calculation data" checkbox on the maps tab of MapSource became unchecked. That would produce the kind of error you are describing.

A few weeks ago before upgrading to 3.50 I had my maps disappear when driving. I needed to power the unit off/on then everything was back to normal. I figured the microSD card had somehow lost contact but since just restarting the unit fixed the issue, that might not be the case. This has only happened once in the almost 2years I have had my 60cx.

I wasn't doing a follow road route or maybe I would have also got the error you did "Routing Error - no roads close to waypoint".

When you uploaded the maps it is possible that the "include route calculation data" checkbox on the maps tab of MapSource became unchecked. That would produce the kind of error you are describing.

If that were the case, then my unit wouldn't be able to route at all. It does route, but in this one instance it was almost as if it couldn't see the routing data all of a sudden. After re-doing the "Find" on my home, it correctly calculated the route and took me home.

A few weeks ago before upgrading to 3.50 I had my maps disappear when driving. I needed to power the unit off/on then everything was back to normal. I figured the microSD card had somehow lost contact but since just restarting the unit fixed the issue, that might not be the case. This has only happened once in the almost 2years I have had my 60cx.

I wasn't doing a follow road route or maybe I would have also got the error you did "Routing Error - no roads close to waypoint".

I have had exactly what you describe happen to me, although I was autorouting at the time. Everything was as it should be and then the detailed maps disappeared (I did not realize this at the time as I was on the interstate), then when I left the highway, the unit melted down and gave up trying to autoroute.

This was 4 months ago - v3.3?

I chalked it up to the SD card. Powering the unit down and up again seemed to fix it.

I have noticed since updating to 3.5, that if I power the unit up and select use with GPS off before acquisition, I get a track log on the SD card with a single point at my last known location. This seems to be a new phenom.