Rock Climbing caches

collinfw

If ever in the Vegas area, look up LasVegasHiker! There are several out there that are great (although I've yet to get any that I'd like to). Holey Wall comes to mind right off (was only 500' from that one...straight up).

There are also caches atop of Mt Wilson, Bridge Mountain and a few other peaks in Red Rock Canyon (Vegas area). I have been to the top of most of those peaks (Mt Wilson is the tallest, Bridge second), but didn't know about caching then!!

sorry...probably not in the PNW as you asked!

Edited by Rockin Roddy

Being in Cle Elum, I would think there would be some good opportunities not too far from you. You should ask in the Northwest forums and I bet you'll get some answers.

Yesterday I walked past a cache (actually a waypoint of a multi) in Colorado that doesn't need to involve more than a rock scramble, but a rock climbing class was using a different face (the vertical one) to get up to the top. I guess you could always just increase the terrain difficulty to fit your needs...

I hid a puzzle cache on the south slope of Mt. Ray (S of Waldo Lake). I named it Slope Distance. 2 cachers have correctly solved the location. Still no logged finds since it was listed on June 20. I went up the south side of Mt. Ray because there was still snow on the north side on June 20. All you climbers out there figure it out and come get it. :)

Tom Fuller

Crescent, Oregon

I have been searching geocaching.com but have not found any sing of a geocache where real rock climbing skills would be used. Dose any one know about any in the PNW?

I used to do a lot of climbing when I was younger and not as round. I live in Spokane and while we don't have any rock climbing caches we do have one that requires rappelling. (as any real rock climber will tell you..."we may do a lot of rappelling, but rappelling isn't climbing").

It's GC11F15, published in March and has about 5 finds. It's a one for difficulty/ Five for terrain, easily spotted but hard to get to.