Geocache feature on Garmin 60CSx help needed please

I'm new to this all so please bear with me. I manually entered in the set of coords for our first cache today. We were successful!! YAY!!

Now the question. On the Setup page under Geocache it has a feature where you can have it enter it in the calendar when you find a cache. How do I get this feature to work? I haven't found anything in the book that came with it yet.

Thanks in advance for any and all help given!!!

I'm new to this all so please bear with me. I manually entered in the set of coords for our first cache today. We were successful!! YAY!!

Now the question. On the Setup page under Geocache it has a feature where you can have it enter it in the calendar when you find a cache. How do I get this feature to work? I haven't found anything in the book that came with it yet.

Thanks in advance for any and all help given!!!

It will automatically enter the found cache on the calendar IF:

1. You have the waypoint symbol for the cache be the geocache symbol (closed treasure chest)

2. You navigate to the cache "off road" and select "found" when the cache is found.

Note: the geocache symbol is user configurable, but by default it is the closed treasure chest.

You probably want to set the GPSr to "Prompt" you for "Follow Road" or "Off Road." That is the way I have my GPSr set, unless I am hiking and several caches in a row will be found "Off Road."

If you Navigate to the cache in the Off-road mode, there should be a "Found" button on the Go To "Compass" page. If you navigate to the cache using the "Follow Road" option, you won't have a "Found" button on the "Compass" page.

If I navigate to a cache using "Follow Road," when I get close, I'll do a new Go To using the "Off Road" option.

So, unless I go back to the cache, I can't enter it?

Also, I think I found where I set it for "navigate off-road" but I don't see a "found" button.

Once again, I'm sorry for my n00bness

We all were n00bs at one time, not a problem. I think you should spend some time with the manual. After you are familiar with the basic operation of the unit it will be much easier to assist you with any problems you may encounter.

I thought I had read through it pretty well, but 2 things happened. I "forgot" I have a HORRIBLE memory(#1) and I forgot to bring the manual with me(#2, please refer to #1).

I'll have to get it out and try to go through more of it now that I've used the GPS a little.

Edited by Stormstaff