Anyone recommend a good GPS unit for geocaching?

I don't know what that translates into dollars . . . sorry. :cry: But, you might look at the new Garmin GPS Receivers that have the H in front of the model.

There is a Legend HCx and a Vista HCx that is a bit more expensive. Amazon.com has the Vista HCx for less than $230.00. There are also less-expensive 'H' models that don't have the memory card.

Previoius models, such as the Legend C and Vista C were discontinued last year, but they work very well and will auto-route with the correct maps installed. Those should be available for a bargain price somewhere, like on eBay. These connect to a computer with the USB cable, instead of the Serial cable older, monochrome models use.

I want to buy a gps receiver for geocaching can anyone recommend one? i dont mind what it does/doesnt as long as it will let me input gps coords, and i will pay up to UK sterling £100

The garage sale forum is a good place to pick up used GPSr, although the majority-US audience may not have a great deal of experience shipping across the pond. Buying one online new or from ebay uk would probably be the easiest.

Also, I posted my thoughts on buying one's first GPSr.