Most DNF's by one cacher on one cache

nmartin

I returned to one cache, an ammo can, five times before I finally found it. Turned out, the coordinates put me behind the wrong building, on the wrong side of a fence . . . :cry:

Usually I log all my DNFs, but for that cache, I only logged the first DNF and my ultimate "Found it" log.

Not sure the most on one cache for me (to date I have over 300 posted DNF logs). However 2 that come to mind. One is in a rock field and has even found it to DNF logs. I have 4 DNFs on it. There is another I have 3 DNF on that is a 6 stage multi and I can not even find stage 1. Both are about a mile to get to GZ.

I have 5 DNF's on a 1/1 in Kentucky - it was archived and I've never found it. Do doubt it was there as the cache owner walked by their almost every day and confirmed that it was in place and others found it with out any trouble. :lol:

My real claim to fame is one cache in Cincinnati that I DNF'd 13 times. I had a couple of DNF's on it and recruited a buddy from work (a n00b) to join the hunt.........well he found it after about 5 minutes of searching and then proceeded to wander around a bit before asking me if I wanted to know where it was.............. I was determined to find it on my own so I walked away, turned my back and let him log in. That was DNF #5 I think.

The day I moved from Cincinnati, I finally gave in and asked for a give away hint so I could log it before leaving town. It's a good thing I moved or I'd still be looking for that one :)

Took me 5 or 6 times to find a 1/1. That was mostly because i was new to geocaching, the coordinates were slightly off, and, in my being new, I was used to caches in bushes and those types of hides- it was a magnetic Altoids can, and for about a week or two after finding it, I thought that using magnets was a completely uncommon and new concept. Boy was I wrong.

What is the most DNF's by one cacher on one cache. I am up to five on one (Micro revenge), although I have looked many more times.

It took me 6-7 attempts to find one of the older caches in my area. Or course, it was muggled twice in an area that gets lots of snow, and is near a waterfall with a high potential of large groups of muggles. Then the cache was moved from it's original location to a rock wall. Finally, I drove up one day to search for it and it was in my hands in less than 3 minutes.

There is another local cache (Sirens Song) that I know of one seasoned cacher that has searched for it 8 times and still hasn't found it. I met the couple that had FTF on Sirens Song while finding another cache. Sirens Song was the first cache that they ever found.

I would imagine that the "Shelter II" cache in Indianapolis has more than it's share of most DNFs by one cacher. The latest logs indicate that it has 32 finds, 152 DNFs, and over 400 notes.

I have a cache that has 20 DNF's at this moment, if everyone that looked everytime posted a DNF then I'm sure this # would eclipse 50+ with at least a couple of cachers being around the 10-11 range! I've found the perfect hiding ability out in the open. I am so over all the PnG caches and I don't like handing out smileys to everyone that just happens to pass by.

GC17T7C

If nothing else, the logs make for some great reading! :D

I DNF'd one cache on the Trinity Trails in Fort Worth at least 5 times. It became my nemesis cache for a while.

The worst part was that in between DNF's everybody who found it wrote something to the effect of "Walked right to it" or "The easiest cache we did today" or "My 5 year old found it"