Where do you rank? Personal geocoins only (metals).

Cav Scout

A long time ago before geocoins was as popular as they are now, there was a website made by the mighty Team Fisur :P . Here you could keep track of the lastest geocoins (wood, metal, plastic, clay, etc.)

Looking at the sight you could keep track of who made what coins. Looking at the web sight I estimate that my coin was (maybe) number 20-23 of the first metal geocoins ever made.

Here's a challenge to you... Where does your metal personal geocoin rank?

This is only for what order your metal coins was made and not used as judging the looks or designs of geocoins :laughing: . So lets be nice please.

Edited by Cav Scout

Here's a challenge to you... Where does your metal personal geocoin rank?

This is only for what order your metal coins was made and not used as judging the looks or designs of geocoins :cry: . So lets be nice please.

Team FISUR ranking: Around 5

We started placing Team FISUR geocoins in caches on October 19, 2002.

(There were 100, and they're all gone.)

Cache on,

Team FISUR

Somewhere around the 10 or 11ish for me : ) (speaking of metal only) correct me if wrong...I just bet somebody out there knows the order, if it really matters?

I to enjoyed hte FISUR site and used it all the time...his website was the go to web site for coins and siggies.

Pepper

Edited by Pepper

I enjoyed the site as well :unsure: .

Somewhere around the 10 or 11ish for me : ) (speaking of metal only) correct me if wrong...I just bet somebody out there knows the order, if it really matters?

I to enjoyed hte FISUR site and used it all the time...his website was the go to web site for coins and siggies.

Pepper

We would like to thank everyone for their kind words about our Geocoin Designs page (which is part of our Rhode Island Geocaching site). As other more sophisticated geocoin sites developed, there was no longer a need to continue the weekly updates. But it was fun while it lasted.

Back on topic, here is what we believe are the first metal personal geocoins, in an approximate order:

Moun10Bike (definitely #1)

waypoint15

DHOBBY1

Indy Diver

Team FISUR (placed at the top of the list on our Geocoins Designs page because, well, it's our page :unsure:)

Wanderingdragon

GeoNap

Vacman

Dos Leos (homemade)

SquareD22 (homemade)

Conejo Cachers (is this a personal one?)

Pepper

GD's Geocoin (aka: The Mystery Geocoin) (could be higher on the list)

blazerfan

Haber Cache Tokens

Any tweaking of the list order would be appreciated.

Hope this helps.

Team FISUR

Well my personal is in the final samples stage so I think that ranks me around 4,417 (counting different metals as different coins). I'm basing this on www.geocoincollection.com showing 4282 in their database (which is likely nearly but not totally complete) and the expectation that 100+ new coins will come out before mine do.

I think this a a little better:

DHOBBY1

waypoint15

Indy Diver

Team FISUR

GD mystery coins

Wanderingdragon

GeoNap

Vacman

Dos Leos (homemade)

SquareD22 (homemade)

Conejo Cachers

Pepper

blazerfan

Haber Cache Tokens

This is just my idea and I do know Moun10Bikes and Dhobby1 were in production around the same time and the GD's are made around a little after Moun10Bike

Edited by Son of Cyclops

Kind of a vague thread topic since almost no one besides the people on the Fisur site knows where their coin might be ranked in historical order. Cav Scout - do you have a good place for people to go to check the order of their coin's minting or are you mearly pointing the mirror at yourself? :)

We would like to thank everyone for their kind words about our Geocoin Designs page (which is part of our Rhode Island Geocaching site). As other more sophisticated geocoin sites developed, there was no longer a need to continue the weekly updates. But it was fun while it lasted.

Back on topic, here is what we believe are the first metal personal geocoins, in an approximate order:

waypoint15

DHOBBY1

Indy Diver

Team FISUR (placed at the top of the list on our Geocoins Designs page because, well, it's our page ;))

Wanderingdragon

GeoNap

Vacman

Dos Leos (homemade)

SquareD22 (homemade)

Conejo Cachers (is this a personal one?)

Pepper

GD's Geocoin (aka: The Mystery Geocoin) (could be higher on the list)

blazerfan

Haber Cache Tokens

Any tweaking of the list order would be appreciated.

Hope this helps.

Team FISUR

Anyone have dates attached to these? Also, the USA Oregon and Texas state coins should be up there, not personals but worthy of a mention.

[

Vacman here: 10-25-2003

-Carl

That's my birthday! that's my birthday! :P

I would have swore you were older than 3 :P

Fun topic, it got me looking back into the history of the trading thread. Team Shydog V1 coin was offered for trade on page 10, June 27, 2005. Boy those were the fun days! (Sounding really old now, must go to bed)

Chris-Team Shydog