Garmin 76CSX

LDove

Leaving out of town today. Yesterday, accidentally switched off a screen I need and I can't figure out how to get it back on and have read the manual.

When you pick a waypoint, select GO, the unit has three options, to navigate while driving, off road, or turn this feature off. I accidentally turned it off. :laughing: Now it automatically goes to off road and I can't toggle between off road and navigate the road and show the map like I used to. HOW DO I TURN THAT PROMPT SCREEN BACK ON? Any help appreciated as I am going to an area I am unfamiliar with and really need to have this feature working.

Edited by lonesumdove

Leaving out of town today. Yesterday, accidentally switched off a screen I need and I can't figure out how to get it back on and have read the manual.

When you pick a waypoint, select GO, the unit has three options, to navigate while driving, off road, or turn this feature off. I accidentally turned it off. :laughing: Now it automatically goes to off road and I can't toggle between off road and navigate the road and show the map like I used to. HOW DO I TURN THAT PROMPT SCREEN BACK ON? Any help appreciated as I am going to an area I am unfamiliar with and really need to have this feature working.

From the satellite page: menu/menu/setup/routing/guidance method (pick either "prompted", "follow road", or "off road"). Sounds like "prompted" is what you want.

When you pick a waypoint, select GO, the unit has three options, to navigate while driving, off road, or turn this feature off. I accidentally turned it off. :P Now it automatically goes to off road and I can't toggle between off road and navigate the road and show the map like I used to. HOW DO I TURN THAT PROMPT SCREEN BACK ON? Any help appreciated as I am going to an area I am unfamiliar with and really need to have this feature working.

From the satellite page: menu/menu/setup/routing/guidance method (pick either "prompted", "follow road", or "off road"). Sounds like "prompted" is what you want.

Actually, menu/menu takes you to the main menu, regardless of what page you started from. No need to go to the satellite page first.

I didn't notice it in the manual, but I've discovered that the first page in the page rotation list is the page the GPS starts up on after the splash screen. Mine was set to the satellite page when I got it, but I've now moved that to the bottom of the list and have it start up on the map page instead.

I do the same thing. In fact, I deleted the Satellite page from the rotation since I can get to it from the Menu button. I don't use that page very often, but once in a while, an elusive cache will make me use the "match up the numbers" technique. :)

Does that statement imply that you don't know how to get your current latitude and longitude from anywhere but the satellite page? You can get it on any page that shows data fields, like the map page. You just need to show a wide data field.

Edited by DENelson83