The West Virginia Geocoin is now available!

ScoutingWV

At last there is a geocoin for WV!

It's been a long time coming, but it's finally here. The group would like to thank to extend many, many thanks to HogwildStuff for bringing this to life. There are two metals available - one for the general public and one for WV residents - pins are available too!

Because the coal industry has always been such an important part of the state, a coin representing a traditional coal carving is being offered to the general public. This coin is black nickel with yellow text and looks great in hand. A companion pin is also available in matching black. For WV residents, a coin made of antique silver with black text is being offered. A companion pin is also available in antique silver.

We are proud of this coin and hope everyone enjoys owning them, trading them, and watching them travel!

For the details and to pre-order, visit this link:

Hope someone will pick me up the residents version (hint-hint). I'm just not overly impressed by the black nickel.

Like the black but would really love to get a few of the resident's versions would someone get me some??send message or email if you would,,,!! would be a free York County PA.coin in it for you!!! (Bribe) :cry: Thanks!!

Just wanted to thank everyone for their interest and pre-orders of this coin. I think those that have ordered the black coin will be very happy, as will those who are getting the silver.

There have understandably been some comments about the decision to sell a black nickel coin being somewhat curious. In the same manner individual coins represent something special about their owners, we really wanted to have a coin available to the public that would be unique in the state geocoin group and also represent something very particular and special to this state. Some folks just don't prefer an all black coin, and a black coin just doesn't photograph well. However the design comes through quite well in the photograph of the silver and the black coin looks very nice in hand. We were also concerned about it but after showing the samples and photos to collectors and non-collectors alike, the feedback received resulted in this offering.

For those that prefer the silver I encourage you to connect with a resident to help you get the number of coins you would like. I will have a few extra myself if anyone might be interested in a purchase or trade.

Again, thanks to everyone for your interest and comments.

Glad to see these are starting to show up in mailboxes. Even better to hear that folks are pleased with them. :o

On behalf of the folks involved throughout the design process we would like to thank everyone who purchased. Thanks very much for your interest and supporting our project.

Special thanks to SouthBayDay of Hogwildstuff who produced the coins. We could not have asked for or received any better customer service or a higher level of professionalism. He made the process extremely easy and always had helpful, positive suggestions along the way.

Also, we want to thank a couple of folks with ties to WV that helped very early on - Prntr1 and Thorny1. They made themselves available and provided much valued information for some folks that had never ventured into coin making before.

Thanks to everyone - enjoy the coins! :D

Looks like I'll be getting some of these although it will have to wait til after the Geocoinfest event. I don't know how much I'll be spending there. Most all my family is from WV, my grandmother's birthday is Oct. 28, she'll be 87 yrs old, so I'll probably get her one. She lives here in Va now but she is always talking about WV and the mountains. Both my grandfathers were coal miners back there too.

Glad to see these are starting to show up in mailboxes. Even better to hear that folks are pleased with them. :lol:

On behalf of the folks involved throughout the design process we would like to thank everyone who purchased. Thanks very much for your interest and supporting our project.

Special thanks to SouthBayDay of Hogwildstuff who produced the coins. We could not have asked for or received any better customer service or a higher level of professionalism. He made the process extremely easy and always had helpful, positive suggestions along the way.

Also, we want to thank a couple of folks with ties to WV that helped very early on - Prntr1 and Thorny1. They made themselves available and provided much valued information for some folks that had never ventured into coin making before.

Thanks to everyone - enjoy the coins! :lol:

I was glad to help out - the coins really did turn out awesome and thay was definately all of your hard work and great ideas! I can't wait to get a couple myself. Nicely done!

T1