Problem exporting from GSAK to Cachemate

I've been using GSAK and exporting to cachmate for quite some time but after deciding to refresh my Cachemate list on the Palm (an ancient Sony Clie) I've encountered a problem.

I deleted all records in Cachmate on the Palm, exported a PDB file from GSAK, but after a "HotSync" the file wouldn't load.

I've tried removing Cachmate from the Palm, doing a "soft reset" then re-installing. (The HotSync doesn't have a problem with re-installing). But still the PDB file won't load.

Does anyone have any ideas of what to try next.

Help! Going caching tomorrow and with broken printer I can't even take paper.

Exactly what symptoms are you getting? The file won't load into what? Cachemate won't show it, or what? What error message, if any?

The file wouldn't load from GSAK into Cachmate. Cachmate showed on the Sony Clie Palm but the file just wouldn't transfer during the "HotSync".

I have actually managed to transfer a smaller amount of info instead of the 1600 cache info that I was trying to transfer.

Thanks for the help anyway. And thanks to SidAndBob for the PM.

Exactly what symptoms are you getting? The file won't load into what? Cachemate won't show it, or what? What error message, if any?

The file wouldn't load from GSAK into Cachmate. Cachmate showed on the Sony Clie Palm but the file just wouldn't transfer during the "HotSync".

I have actually managed to transfer a smaller amount of info instead of the 1600 cache info that I was trying to transfer.

Sounds as though it could be a memory problem - not enough for the size of file you are trying to transfer.

Sounds as though it could be a memory problem - not enough for the size of file you are trying to transfer.

I think you could be right now that I tried loading just a few files and they were ok.

Hello, Boots (may I call you 'Boots' ... ? :o )

I told you I'd take a look - and, blimey! It all seems a bit complicated to me!

I promise I'll try to understand what's going on here, because it does look interesting, and would help to alleviate some of the tedium that can arise when out walking on one's own.

Sorry I had to post here, in a dedicated topic, but I found I had to log in to several sites before I could send a message saying I'd made it! So I just took the easy route!

Hope you're having fun caching (see? I've got the lingo already!), and I'll let you know if I find I can join in.

Best wishes,

TML.