Stolen Coin?

j_czerwin

I just picked up a TB in a cache and it had a geocoin attached to it. The geocoin's tracking number is scratched off of it. The TB page even had something in it that bothered me a little.

Check it out TB1CERQ

What would you do? Thank you in advance for your opinions and for someone to bounce ideas off of.

Edited by j_czerwin

I just picked up a TB in a cache and it had a geocoin attached to it. The geocoin's tracking number is scratched off of it. The TB page even had something in it that bothered me a little.

Check it out <tracking number removed by moderator>

What would you do? Thank you in advance for your opinions and for someone to bounce ideas off of.

It appears to me that the tracking number was scratched out prior to the purchase of the coin, possible due to an error. Adding a TB tag was a way for this coin to travel and be enjoyed by everyone.

I say move it on like a regular TB!

Edited by Eartha

First, please edit out the tracking number from your post. There is a TBXXXX number on the bugs page that you can freely post, and we can all look the bug up. By posting the actual tracking number, people can "virtually" log the bug, and the bug may be de-activated by Groundspeak for illegal use.

Let me search the forums. There may have been a problem with a batch of those coins, so they may have scratched off the numbers and gave them away rather than throw the coins out.

Question:

I know I'm one who said it but when the OP listed the code it led me to the bug's page with an image on it. The image had the trackable's code right there. What's the difference between writing it here and posting it there?

Nothing. Both are a bad idea.

Don't post tracking numbers online.

Check it out TB1CERQ

First I think you should edit the actual tracking number as I have done to the quote, it will get locked if you leave it. Yes, I seen the pic too, so it needs to be edited as well.

I think it is a bit...odd that it mentions getting a good price. The coin is possibly one that has gone missing. Can you figure out any of the numbers? I would write the owner and inquire as to how he came upon the coin, and see if it can get back to its actual owner.

I also noticed that he owns the "same" coin, and that pic needs an edit too. I wonder if he had a dupe or error coin?

O-Mega

I think this is one of the coins that may have had a mispelling on it, not positive though, check out the work 'Independence' and see if it's spelled wrong. If it's spelled wrong than those coins may have been offered for cheap prices along with scratched off tracking numbers, don't think it's stolen.

~tsun

The original coins had it spelled Independance, looks like the hole is where the "a" was.

Edited by tsunrisebey

I think this is one of the coins that may have had a mispelling on it, not positive though, check out the work 'Independence' and see if it's spelled wrong. If it's spelled wrong than those coins may have been offered for cheap prices along with scratched off tracking numbers, don't think it's stolen.

~tsun

The original coins had it spelled Independance, looks like the hole is where the "a" was.

I KNEW I COULD COUNT ON YOU GUYS FOR GREAT HELP! THANK YOU ALL!!!

Yes, Independence is spelled wrong and the hole is through the A in INDEPENDANCE. I see! It was a bad production, but it now can still be in circulation because it still is beautiful...

Also BRAIN FART on my behalf!!! I was so upset thinking that someone was reselling stolen coins that I didn't think NOT to post the tracking number in actuality. I will notify the owner ASAP!!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

YOU GUYS ROCK!!