'Discovering' geocoins ?

geo-jenkins

I will be attending an event in a couple of days, and would like to offer one of my geocoins as one that can be discovered by others that will be attending.

Since I am not the one that is organizing the event, I was wondering how I go about doing this. Am I allowed to 'drop' a geocoin at an event without me being the owner. Then I assume I would just remove it after the event.

I hope I can get this answered in fairly soon as the event seems like a significant accomplishment, and I think it would be my way to acknowledge the individuals.

Thanks,

I will be attending an event in a couple of days, and would like to offer one of my geocoins as one that can be discovered by others that will be attending.

Since I am not the one that is organizing the event, I was wondering how I go about doing this. Am I allowed to 'drop' a geocoin at an event without me being the owner. Then I assume I would just remove it after the event.

I hope I can get this answered in fairly soon as the event seems like a significant accomplishment, and I think it would be my way to acknowledge the individuals.

Thanks,

Yes you can drop it in the event it does not matter who placed the event cache.

Ditto geo-jenkins

Thanks,

Yes you can drop it in the event it does not matter who placed the event cache.

Do please check with the coin's mission and be sure the owner did not request that it not be placed in events. Coins and bugs can sometimes go missing at the end of an event. BUT if you take it upon yourself to retrieve it again... no harm will befall it. Good luck and have fun at the event.

Do please check with the coin's mission and be sure the owner did not request that it not be placed in events. Coins and bugs can sometimes go missing at the end of an event. BUT if you take it upon yourself to retrieve it again... no harm will befall it. Good luck and have fun at the event.

He said it's his coin so it shouldn't be a problem.

Keep in mind that you do not need to drop the coin into the event for others to discover it. This is actually what the feature was built for - to avoid people dropping the coin and picking it up again multiple times. Doing this generates a lot of emails for the event owner who may not be wild about it.

If the coin shows in your possession (and not in the event), others can still "discover it".

Yep, Yep one of my coins never made it out of GW5.

Hopefully it turns up!!!

SCB#8

Yep, Yep one of my coins never made it out of GW5.

Hopefully it turns up!!!

SCB#8

I rounded up and dropped about 25 bugs/coins into the GW5 event, and launched about 25 drilled/tagged coins of various kinds that I wanted to release. Most of them were logged out pretty quickly over the first few weeks after the event, but some of them took over two months to finally get logged out of the event. :cry: