Moun10bike Ver.3 Geocoin

Cog&Gil

What's up with this sale on the "e" place? Did the "man" o.k. this?

I didn't know we had to get permission to sell any coins on eBay, from "the MAN" or otherwise. But I will tell you the seller is an honest MAN and if he says he needs the money to pay for the car then he will use the money for that.

I am glad to hear he didn't get hurt in the accident. I will be bidding to show support. Already contacted him!

I agree, why does anyone need to anyones permission to sell any coin that he or she has obtained in a trade or bought??

After all once its been traded for then it's fair to do with as needed.

I'm sure everyone has good reason to sell their pride of their collection , whether they want that reason known publicly or not!!!

The seller should contact Moun10Bike and ask him.

How do we know that he didn't? :lol: Let's not lynch someone without evidence.

mm

:) So I shouldn't grab the pitchforks yet then? :rolleyes:

I couldn't lynch Dennis - he is a pretty reasonable/decent guy. :)

Edited by keewee

mm

:( So I shouldn't grab the pitchforks yet then? :rolleyes:

I don't know about the pretty part :)

mm

mm

;) So I shouldn't grab the pitchforks yet then? :rolleyes:

I don't know about the pretty part :)

mm

Well...BooBoo IS pretty :(

How do we know that he didn't? :) Let's not lynch someone without evidence.

mm

:) So I shouldn't grab the pitchforks yet then? :rolleyes:

I don't know about the pretty part :(

mm

Well...BooBoo IS pretty ;)

Hmmm... did we stray OT here somewhere? :P

What was this thread about again? :lol:

I just hope he wasn't on the way to the Post Office when it happened!! Then I'd feel REAL bad as I know he was posting me something today.

I'll go back to my corner now...

Edited by keewee

How do we know that he didn't? :rolleyes: Let's not lynch someone without evidence.

mm

Wasn't saying he hadn't, just stating my belief that asking is the way to do it.

Sorry, didn't mean to imply that either....i must use more emoticons :lol:

mm

In reference to permission to sell, search it, but the short answer is the coins are all activated under his name, so they're really not anyone else's to sell w/o permission.

Just answering that question.

Yeah but Moun10bike does trade you his personal coins for your personal coins, so if he got into a bind (I hope that never happens) so should he ask for someones elses permission to sell that coin he traded for his?

Hope all is well with the seller of this great coin, I feel for you! Although this coin is out of my reach, I did bid on the coin that Jen is auctioning in another thread...maybe that'll be of help a little!

We've all been there, we all feel for our coin friends! If I had any coins that'd bring good money, I'd be more than happy to donate them.

In reference to permission to sell, search it, but the short answer is the coins are all activated under his name, so they're really not anyone else's to sell w/o permission.

Just answering that question.

Dennis is one of the most stand-up guys I have ever met. If he says he needs the money, he does. I know for a fact he doesn't want to sell these coins, but he has to.

I cases like these, I will disagree with TheAlabamaWrangler and this post. If the coins are in the holder's possesion then they are his to sell; permission is an outdated concept in this case.

If you truly need the money, you do what you have to do...would you actually let your family starve over a passe' concept of "ownership?"

It's sad when people on here think that someone somehow needs "permission" to sell a coin in their own possesion when they truly need the help. Nice to know a geocoin takes more precedence. :(

Edited by Arthur & Trillian

While I agree that Dennis is a stand up guy. I know it is just killing him to sell this coin.

I think there is a difference between this coin and the others. The difference is that Moun10Bike retains ownership of his coins. They are activated in his name.

Which makes it a risky purchase for bidders. Moun10bike can easily have the coin locked. So you could spend a fortune on a coin, and not be able to track it.

That is the reason that I'm curious if the owner approved the sale. I don't question Dennis at all, but I don't want to bid on a coin and get one that is locked.

I never diagreed with the need to sell it or whether one should if they need to. I have always said it's just a coin. I was trying to shed some light on the ownership issues, that's all.

I hope all is well and these coins make a dent in your troubles.

Closing this thread as we have done with all previous threads about the sale of Moun10Bike coins.

For more background on why, please use the search feature and read through previous Moun10Bike threads.

In summary I'll share this post from Moun10Bike:

I wish all of the bidders in this auction well. However, I feel that I must warn you that you will be bidding on a "dead" coin - no tracking and no icon. I am having any of my geocoins that are sold on eBay or elsewhere locked by Groundspeak.

I think it is pretty clear from my wording on the coin descriptions as well as elsewhere in the forums that I do not approve of the sale of my or any other activated coins (unless such sales are blessed by the coin owner). Oh, and if there is any question as to who is the owner of one of my coins, please see the name next to the "Owner:" heading near the top of the coin page.

Thank you.

And this section of the guidelines:

Links to Ebay sales of trackable geocoins are permitted, but only for unactivated coins or sales where the seller is the actual coin owner or the coin owner has granted explicit permission for the sale of their coin.

Now, you may agree or disagree with this and you may dispute the actual ownership and you are free to do so. However, this is Groundspeak's stance on the matter, like it or not.

I'm sure everybody wishes the seller good luck on his financial hardships, but the sale of this coin will not be promoted here, sorry.