CacheMagnet Geocaching Software

I'm not sure.. my guess would be that there's a problem with the protocols. There's serial and there's usb, but you're using both.

GC.com uses the usb drivers from garmin... as does CM, I believe. If you can send from GC.com straight to your device without a problem, then CM should work fine.

I've looked at CM code briefly and it looks like it should work.

I'm sorry, I have no solution for your problem.

A USB to Serial converter will act like a serial port. A virtual serial port will be created, and assigned a COM port number. I think mine is COM4, but you'll need to check. Look in device manager: Right click My Computer, click Properties, click Hardware tab, click Device Manager button. Once in Device Manager, expand ports and have a look at the information there.

When sending to the GPSr, select Serial, and choose the correct COM port. I haven't used Cachemagnet yet, so don't know exactly how you set it up in there, but just make sure it's serial.

Sounds like interesting software, I will defintitely be looking soon.

Chad

I have a question about the software, which is awsome by the way. I am not a prem member so all I get is the loc file. which is fine because we only have time to go caching once or twice a month. But I would love to use my Ipod to carry the description and hint. But when I try to open the caches properties and copy/paste from the cache page it dose not stay after I close the description. I can load the file to the Ipod and open the note though explore and paste it there but that is extra steps. I tried to create my own new waypoint and get the same result. Any help would be appreciated

I have a question about the software, which is awsome by the way. I am not a prem member so all I get is the loc file. which is fine because we only have time to go caching once or twice a month. But I would love to use my Ipod to carry the description and hint. But when I try to open the caches properties and copy/paste from the cache page it dose not stay after I close the description. I can load the file to the Ipod and open the note though explore and paste it there but that is extra steps. I tried to create my own new waypoint and get the same result. Any help would be appreciated

Ok here is a problem I didn't see mentioned before.

When I click on send to iPod, it started to load. But then it suddenly stops. The Send Waypoints windows reads:

Gathering Waypoints

Could not send waypoints to iPod

An entry with the same key already exists.

Done.

Suggestions? Note I did have a previous pocket query on the iPod. There was 100 entries and I did another query with 300. This is when the problem started. Did I run out of allocated space?

Edited by JPD252

When I click on send to iPod, it started to load. But then it suddenly stops. The Send Waypoints windows reads:

Gathering Waypoints

Done.

Suggestions? Note I did have a previous pocket query on the iPod. There was 100 entries and I did another query with 300. This is when the problem started. Did I run out of allocated space?

Nevermind. I created my .GPX file again. It started to work. It was loading and then stopped. Cachemagnet then told me that I exceeded the maximum number of note files for iPod-1000 files. It warns me then to use fewer caches and that each cache uses multiple lines.

Gathering Waypoints

Done.

I am getting this problem every time even when I only have a few waypoints any ideas why it will not write to my ipods (tried my classic and the other nano we have)

Any ideas ?

Maybe I am not the most computer literate but I can't figure out how to open the app. I downloaded the zip file then unziped and there are just alot of files and no aps. Any one got some tips for me?

Nevermind, always seems when I ask for help I find it by myself kinda like the hints when caching if I woulda just spent a few more minutes before cracking the code I woulda had it.

Anyway, WOW this is awesome! Thank you VERY MUCH!

I used the software for about a week now. Its great. I have one glite to report to you. When trying to sort by distance it groups each number together instead of sequentially. As the distance gets to say 1.9 miles instead of the next being 2 miles it goes to 10 miles. It doesn't list the rest until all of the mileage starting with 1 finishes.

Example: 1,1.1,1.2,1.3,......1.9,10,10.1,10.2,10.3 & so on

Should be: 1,1.1,1.2,1.3....1.9,2,2.1,2.2,2.3

If you need me to explain better just let e know.

I'm having the same issue as mentioned above.

I'm getting an error when I try and send to my GPSr... (the Ipod function still works great) and I can still send to my GPSr from GSAK and from geocaching.com, but not Cachemagnet... any ideas?

Sending waypoints to garmin GPSr on port USB

[ERROR] CreateFile on '\\.\\USB' failed: The system cannot find the file specified.

GARMIN:Can't init USB

Done.

Yep, that was a bug. Download wasn't working for USB GPSrs. I've fixed the bug and the latest release is available for download from http://sourceforge.net/projects/cachemagnet.

Brian

I'm having a sorta similar problem, but I think its because my GPSr isn't a garmin or magellan. I have a Lowrance Endura, is there something I'm doing wrong or will it just not work cause I don't have those model GPSr's?

my error message reads:

Sending waypoints to garmin GPSr on port usb:

[ERROR] SetupDiEnumDeviceInterfaces: No more data is available.

Is the Garmin USB unit number 0 powered up and connected?

Is it really a USB unit? If it's serial, don't choose USB, choose serial.[ERROR] Get_Time: Unknown date/time protocol

GARMIN:Can't init usb:

Done.

Also I noticed when I look at the properties for the waypoints, it only has the waypoint name and the coordinates, it does not show D/T ratings or descriptions logs and stuff. is that just because I'm not a premium member and have to use the LOC version? or am I doing something wrong here?

It's unlikely that the Garmin upload facility will be compatible with your brand of GPSr.

Also, the LOC download contains very limited information. The GPX download is much more detailed, and well worth the premium membership if you use it regularly.

Also I noticed when I look at the properties for the waypoints, it only has the waypoint name and the coordinates, it does not show D/T ratings or descriptions logs and stuff. is that just because I'm not a premium member and have to use the LOC version? or am I doing something wrong here?

It's unlikely that the Garmin upload facility will be compatible with your brand of GPSr.

Also, the LOC download contains very limited information. The GPX download is much more detailed, and well worth the premium membership if you use it regularly.

Darn and double darn! well I guess I know what I'm asking for for christmas, haha :)

Thanks for your help!!

I can't edit Waypoint properties. When I press Ok I get an error message some thing like "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application". I have net framework 4 installed on windows 7. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks