Cache review time

coryc709

Hello,

I checked, and your cache is properly waiting in the queue for your province. There are a half dozen or so caches ahead of you, mostly hidden on Saturday. As your cache was hidden on Sunday, you should expect an initial review by no later than tomorrow. Keep in mind that the 72 hour service goal is just a goal, not a rule. Caches are reviewed by volunteers, sometimes real life gets in the way, and sometimes the volume is very heavy, especially on weekends with good weather.

Thanks for your patience.

I had one that had the FTF posted by someone that lived near it 42 minutes after I hit the submit button.

The average for me recently is a day or two; I've had them take several days during busy times. If I remember right, my first cache or two took a bit longer (reviewer didn't know me yet, maybe?).

Things to check while you are waiting:

Does the cache say it is active (There should not be a note saying "The reviewers will not see this listing until you activate it")?

Has the reviewer left you a note on the cache page asking for more information?

Have you checked your spam folder just in case an email from the reviewer went there?

Is all the information correct?

Did you really read the guideline to make sure you crossed all your t's and dotted all your i's?

Did you double check to make sure it isn't too near another cache? (You can "search for nearest cache" from the cache page even before it's approved).

If there is anything at all unusual about your cache, did you leave a reviewer note, explaining the issue? (For instance, if there used to be railroad track there, but now it's a rail-to-trail, did you explain that and perhaps provide a photo?)

Are there new caches in your area? Well, OK, that won't help you get yours reviewed, but it's something to do to take your mind off the waiting! Once it's published, you'll just be waiting to see how long it takes before someone finds it.

Is all the information correct?

Did you really read the guideline to make sure you crossed all your t's and dotted all your i's?

Did you double check to make sure it isn't too near another cache? (You can "search for nearest cache" from the cache page even before it's approved).

If there is anything at all unusual about your cache, did you leave a reviewer note, explaining the issue? (For instance, if there used to be railroad track there, but now it's a rail-to-trail, did you explain that and perhaps provide a photo?)

All good advice, especially the part about reading the guidelines. You'd be amazed by the number of caches submitted that have an obvious guideline violation and sometimes several.

The owner then has to go back there and retrieve the container or re-work the cache, adding extra hours of work because he didn't take 5 minutes to read the guidelines.

Edited by briansnat