Cannot delete "Find caches along a route" route

katguy

Searched on this topic and while I have seen it mentioned in passing, there does not seem to be any in-depth discussion of this particular problem.

I now have 10 routes which do not work and I am unable to get rid of them. For some reason (discussed in threads elsewhere) routes I have generated in Google Earth and saved as kml, initially look good in the map viewer, but after upload show as containing 0 turns, and will not generate PQs.

These routes, although they have never been used to create a PQ, do not seem to be deletable. Upon pressing the delete button I get a popup saying this cannot be undone, and pressing OK simply takes me back to the routes page, with the route still there. Changing any of the description fields and pressing save does about the same thing - the changes are not saved. As a result of these just building up, I am reluctant to continue experimenting to find out how to get a working kml file.

Two questions:

1) Am I missing something, or am I just stuck with these routes until whatever this bug is gets fixed?

2) Is there a limit to the number of these I can have, and does reaching this limit impact my ability to get normal pqs?

Thanks to Miragee for pointing it out to me but you can check the box to the left of the cache, then scroll down and hit that trash can delete icon near the bottom of the list and they are gone.

That works for deleting a pocket query from the pq list, but my problem is in deleting corrupt routes from my route list.

Thanks to Miragee for pointing it out to me but you can check the box to the left of the cache, then scroll down and hit that trash can delete icon near the bottom of the list and they are gone.

That works for deleting a pocket query from the pq list, but my problem is in deleting corrupt routes from my route list.

Exactly!

Yeah great... Many of my older routes were no longer working and a new generated which I would have needed for this week end caused the same problems. I'm beginning to wonder why I'm paying for my premium membership if there are a bunch of bugs (hides in friends list, problems with pages on book mark lists, routes no longer working, ...) which seem to be known for months but nothing is done about it. <_<

If i try to generate a PQ from a corrupted route (which can be recognized by zero turns and its ressisatance on being deleted) all I get is a server error.

Server Error in '/' Application.
Queue empty. 
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Queue empty.

Source Error: 
An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. 

Stack Trace: 

[InvalidOperationException: Queue empty.]
  System.Collections.Queue.Dequeue() +105
  Groundspeak.Web.UserRoutes.UserRoutePoints.EncodeSignedNumber(Decimal num) +269
  Groundspeak.Web.UserRoutes.UserRoutePoints.EncodeLatLong() +240
  Geocaching.UI.URQuery.ShowQueryInfo() +711
  Geocaching.UI.URQuery.UpdatePocketQuery(Boolean IsNew) +5467
  Geocaching.UI.URQuery.btnSubmit_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +663
  System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +108
  System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +58
  System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +18
  System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +33
  System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +1330

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2407; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2407

I know they must be working on higher priority issues, but I really had hoped that "caches along a route" would have been working by now.

I have a number of trips in a planning stage and it would be a lot easier to get caches using the route here than to download the whole area and use GSAK to find the caches.

Since I was really only interested in the rest stop micros, Cracker Barrels, etc. I ended up resorting to scanning along the entire route in geocaching google maps, and bookmarking the ones that seemed interesting :o

At least I could generate a pq from that. :laughing:

Once a "Cache on a Route" is run, it shows up as a PQ, of which you can only have so many. You may have filled up your quota, so try going to your PQ page and archiving a couple you don't need. When looking at the list, check the box on the left, then the trash can at bottom left.

Just did it, it worked for me.

But you cannot delete the routes themselves. I know that there is evidently no limit, but it would be nice if it were possible clean up old (possibly erroneous) routes.

Shouldn't they fix the old stuff before they bring out new stuff?

Since the "new stuff" is important there is a good chance they need the "New stuff" to fix the old stuff.