Geocaching-Gone To The Dogs Geocoins

Dr. Whoever

Wrong Answer.

The Copper Versions are going to be offered to registered customers at random in a drawing later in the week at the same price.

Paula has the Black Nickel Versions and I have no idea what she has planned.

Oh! I DO hope that I am one of those randomly drawn! The copper looks awesome! :(

CF30

ditto that CF!! :laughing:

Thanks for all of the fantastic responses. We truly love these coins and from the looks of it so does everyone who grabbed some. The 7 lucky customers have been contacted and 5 of the COPPER coins have been claimed and shipped so far. There were only 10 Copper editions made and that's it. WOW!!! A true LE, XLE, SPECIAL EDITION....whatever.......but there's only the 10 out there so congrats to those who got 'em. And a big thank you to all who got some of these from myself, Tasha, Cosmo, Jim and of course Paula.

what drawn ... i did not know that .... oh well....

Mr. Hunt

If you read an earlier post you would have seen that these names were drawn from registered customers from my site. Registered customers who inquired about this specific limited edition. To this date I have not seen your nic or name on that list. Furthermore, this is a general forum not a personal website forum. This forum we use generally for sharing information only, as some folks do not frequent personal websites and prefer information regarding geocoins and general information in a centralized place. :blink:

I would suggest for you to look around at all of the sites listed on the Groundspeak trackable page or at the sites listed in the pinned thread if you are interested in staying informed on all of the specials items and fun things from these sites.

Have a good caching day.

Went home for lunch hoping my coins had arrived and they had! Beautiful! I have never seen so much detail on a coin.

Looks like a kitty cat has infiltrated the coin. Is that by accident? The spot on the dog just to the left of Tasha is the purrfect profile of a cat.

Glad to see you like them! I cant WAIT to see mine! (They will be in tomorrow!)

As for the kitty... I ain't sayin' a word. <_< (Cat's got my tongue!)

DSCN2590.jpg Thank you so much Castle Man for such a beautiful coin. Our pets are so much a part of who we are. For us this coin is bittersweet as our beloved Doodledog is not in the best of health and we are savoring every moment we have with her. :laughing: Anyways... Thanks again. We can't wait to see what is in store for the kitties.

Best,

Woodland Clan

I got my coins yesterday. The silver one is perfect and lovely. I confess to being very dissapointed with the gold one tho. :P The translucent enamel on the back is all uneven and in some places the gold metal is exposed where it is not supposed to be. :cry: See these pictures taken both inside and outside:

PICT0002edit.jpg

inside

PICT0004edit.jpg

inside, different angle

PICT0036edit.jpg

outside

I don't suppose you would be willing to exchange this one for a new one? :cry: Please? B)

CF30

Edited by Crowesfeat30
I got my coins yesterday. The silver one is perfect and lovely. I confess to being very dissapointed with the gold one tho. :cry: The translucent enamel on the back is all uneven and in some places the gold metal is exposed where it is not supposed to be. B) See these pictures taken both inside and outside:

PICT0002edit.jpg

inside

inside, different angle

outside

I don't suppose you would be willing to exchange this one for a new one? :P Please? :cry:

CF30

Actually - the raised areas underneath are a half-raised. I wanted a look like old enamel, or moreso, glass - when I saw the effect, I was pleased.

Maybe the original art will explain what I was aiming for - so I wouldn't consider the emamel work a flaw at all, I actually think its the mint trying to get across the look of the original art and the descriptions provided.

dogcoinbacksm.jpg

No, the enamel is uneven. If you look at the second picture especially you can see that the top 2/3s of the design is under the enamel and the bottom 1/3 the knotwork dog is exposed. The silver one I have, the dog knotwork is all evenly covered by the translucent blue and none of the raised metal of the knotwork is exposed at all. It is NOT the angle of the coin in the picture. That is why I took several at differing angles and lighting conditions.

I guess I will just donate the coin to our groups Fall Picnic... :cry:

CF30

Edited by Crowesfeat30

No, the enamel is uneven. If you look at the second picture especially you can see that the top 2/3s of the design is under the enamel and the bottom 1/3 the knotwork dog is exposed. The silver one I have, the dog knotwork is all evenly covered by the translucent blue and none of the raised metal of the knotwork is exposed at all. It is NOT the angle of the coin in the picture. That is why I took several at differing angles and lighting conditions.

I guess I will just donate the coin to our groups Fall Picnic... :cry:

CF30

Email Castleman directly if you haven't already done so and attach those pictures. I don't think mine are like that at all but willl check.

Hmmm, part of the thinner enamel is somewhat attached to the design specifics.

Its a little hard to explain, but I completely understand what you mean - however, I guess I dont consider it a flaw so-to-speak.

You could, and should email CM if it bothers you, but...

I wanted the option for the raised areas to be UNDER enamel, and, if I decided to - LEVEL with the enamel. (If we did a different version of the coin - I didnt want to necessarily keep the raised areas UNDER enamel - hence the slightly higher than usual half-raised metal.) In many cases, I would have just recessed the design under the enamel, but I wanted to make it raised instead.

Again... I think its in the eye of the beholder - but the design definitely benefits from those raised areas - and I dont know if those should be considered flawed considering the way it was designed.

It certainly makes for a more interesting coin.... I love the recessed areas, but these actually ended up lovely with the raised!

Sometimes those translucents can be a challenge - but I love the glasslike finish, and the color.

I got my coins yesterday. The silver one is perfect and lovely. I confess to being very dissapointed with the gold one tho. :P The translucent enamel on the back is all uneven and in some places the gold metal is exposed where it is not supposed to be. :laughing: See these pictures taken both inside and outside:

PICT0002edit.jpg

inside

PICT0004edit.jpg

inside, different angle

PICT0036edit.jpg

outside

I don't suppose you would be willing to exchange this one for a new one? :P Please? :laughing:

CF30

emailed for replacement coin

As every minter knows from time to time a semi raised coin is not perfect and I will gladly replace this one.

CF30

[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/color][/size]

emailed for replacement coin

As every minter knows from time to time a semi raised coin is not perfect and I will gladly replace this one.

Castleman, you are indeed a class act! I just looked at mine a tad bit more closely, and noticed an uneven reverse also. But, it's minor and I'm absolutely delighted with the detail in this coin.

I got my coins yesterday. The silver one is perfect and lovely. I confess to being very dissapointed with the gold one tho. :unsure: The translucent enamel on the back is all uneven and in some places the gold metal is exposed where it is not supposed to be. :unsure: See these pictures taken both inside and outside:

I don't suppose you would be willing to exchange this one for a new one? :unsure: Please? :unsure:

CF30

[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/color][/size]

I just checked mine, and interestingly enough, all of my Rhodium coins look fine, but my gold coins are less consistent. One of them is "thin" in the edge above the tracking number, and two are "thin" below the tracking number. The others are just fine. I haven't decided if I will ask for replacements or not. I can not tell for sure from your pictures, but mine do not look to be as bad as yours. It gives them "personality" and therefore makes them more "rare" so therefore worth more money, right? :unsure:

Ya want to know what I like best about this coin? I have a silver one sitting, in its flip, back side up on my desk right now. It is constantly catching my eye because the knot work around the outer edge of the coin - the part in the green enamel - just seems to GLOW when seen from an angle. You cannot see this effect when looking at the coin straight on but from an angle and from about two feet away - COOL! :blink:

:(CF30

Ya want to know what I like best about this coin? I have a silver one sitting, in its flip, back side up on my desk right now. It is constantly catching my eye because the knot work around the outer edge of the coin - the part in the green enamel - just seems to GLOW when seen from an angle. You cannot see this effect when looking at the coin straight on but from an angle and from about two feet away - COOL! B)

:(CF30

I noticed the exact same thing last night while looking thru my coins. They are standing on edge in a Tupperware container (high tech.) and the knotwork was kind of a shimmering blue/green! I thought I was just tired :unsure: