Geocaching-Gone To The Dogs Geocoins

Dr. Whoever

Geocaching - Gone To The Dogs

Available Tuesday 8/7/07 at 6 PM Pacific

Our newest coin is a very special one – it’s dedicated to our caching Best

Friends.

The front features a bevy of breeds - from small to the largest along with a

few varieties of cache containers to boot! Can you find and identify them?

With all the caching canines we see on the forums, in profiles and gallery

photos - we figured these four legged friends needed their own tribute coin!

The back of the coin features dog themed scrollwork, and designs UNDER

enamel, with a dog bone tracking number area.

No detail is without dogs! Even the icons are dogs, and paws - two different

ones!

The detail on this coin is so INCREDIBLE - at first, the mint told us it couldn't

be done, but we disagreed.

We considered thinning out the selection of dogs, eliminating some colors -

but in the end, we couldn't bear to sacrifice the detail.

So....after 11 re-do’s with the mint, the final design is exactly like the initial concept - right down to the light glistening in the dog’s eyes.

It took a bit longer to get it right, but it was well worth all the work

involved to be able to present the quintessential canine coin.

The Coin measures 1.75 inches x 3.5mm, with 23 different colors of hard and translucent enamels used (I believe this is the most different colors ever used on a geocoin….correct me if I am wrong).

Regular editions have been minted in Rhodium and Gold with a limited number in Black Nickel and Copper. "Geocaching - Gone to the Dogs" is begging to join your collection!

Paula of geocoindesign.com really put her artistic talents to work with this geocoin. She hand drew every breed, including my beloved Jack Russell Terrier Tasha and her Boxer Cosmo. Each one of these caching companions has phenomenal details and this coin is sure to be one of the classics of all time.

Price: $9.49 each

Activation Codes: http://www.castlecoinsandpins.com/activate/

Shipping: USA $2.00 first coin and only $0.50 each additional coin, CANADA $2.00 first coin and only $0.75 each additional coin, WORLDWIDE $3.50 first coin and $1.00 each additional coin.

748db37c-ad92-4196-8a4e-b9f93edbefa8.jpg

44e5546f-37b7-476c-8934-240df5679a77.jpg

5a3a413f-39a0-4a2d-acdd-81f23ec4893a.jpg

*snip* ...along with a

few varieties of cache containers to boot! Can you find and identify them? *snip*

I see an ammo can between the rottie and the golden, film canister between the german shepard and the collie , pill bottle between the boxer and the dobie and a bison tube on the huskie. Anyone see any others?

CF30

Edited by Crowesfeat30

*snip* ...along with a

few varieties of cache containers to boot! Can you find and identify them? *snip*

I see an ammo can between the rottie and the golden, film canister between the german shepard and the collie , pill bottle between the boxer and the dobie and a bison tube on the huskie. Anyone see any others?

CF30

One of those spots on the Dalmation has to be a Mr. Magneto! :rolleyes:

I've been on the site for 30 minutes and can't even get them to come up to see if they're available to purchase.

:)

They are there...Go back and get em! 2 finishes!!!

Gosh I wish this was the good ole days where I could buy 3 of each...But nope! I gotta hang tight for finances to kick back in :rolleyes::lol::) Ill be back in the game before too long!

Very Nice Castleman and CB...very nice!!!

Are the copper and black nickel all gone then?

I didn't see those posted. If it's like the last LEs, they pop up later and for a premium price.

Wrong Answer.

The Copper Versions are going to be offered to registered customers at random in a drawing later in the week at the same price.

Paula has the Black Nickel Versions and I have no idea what she has planned.

Yeah! I was finally able to spot the coins and got two of each. One set to keep in rememberance of my 15 year old lab-mix who we had to let go last month and one for a club fund-raiser. Thanks to everyone who helped me figure out where the coins were on the sight. Now I just have to figure out why my log-in from last night wasn't working this morning.

Joyce

Wrong Answer.

The Copper Versions are going to be offered to registered customers at random in a drawing later in the week at the same price.

Paula has the Black Nickel Versions and I have no idea what she has planned.

Oh! I DO hope that I am one of those randomly drawn! The copper looks awesome! :(

CF30