Moving cache

ddnutzy

I moved one of my caches (GCQRJQ) about 90-100 feet to the south of it's previous location and tried to change to coords on the file page. I could not change the original coords on the file. I emailed Groundspeak but did not get a reply. Does anyone know how to change the coordinates?

Thanks, Dave

From the page where you edit your cache description, click on the link to enter an "update coordinates" log. You can make a short hop of 90 feet all on your own.

Off topic, but in order to be complete in my answer: If you try moving your cache more than .1 miles, you will get an error message. For large jumps you need to contact your volunteer cache reviewer for assistance, and their answer may be to archive the old cache and create a new one..

From the page where you edit your cache description, click on the link to enter an "update coordinates" log. You can make a short hop of 90 feet all on your own.

Off topic, but in order to be complete in my answer: If you try moving your cache more than .1 miles, you will get an error message. For large jumps you need to contact your volunteer cache reviewer for assistance, and their answer may be to archive the old cache and create a new one..

Keystone,

Thanks for the info. The cache is now enabled wjth the new coordinates.

Thanks again,

Dave

Isn't it great to stay on the good side of your local reviewer? It seems that they are mostly always ready to help out when you have a problem, and ask nicely. :D