Official Maine Geocoin for 2007

Geocaching Maine

Geocaching Maine is pleased to announce Maine's official geocoin for 2007!

Order your coins now as the deadline is August 20th. Expected delivery is mid-September. These coins are in antique bronze, the image of Paul Bunyan on the front will be 3-D and they are trackable on Geocaching.com with a custom icon.

Ordering information is available at http://www.geocachingmaine.org/index.php?page=coin

2007-coin.gif

Edited by Geocaching Maine

The last time I did this USPS had a 'global priority mail' for (I think) $5.00 for international envelope. I don't think they have it anymore, need to contact the local post office Monday to see if they have a flat rate solution. If not, I'll have to quote international orders by hand, give me a shout.

The last time I did this USPS had a 'global priority mail' for (I think) $5.00 for international envelope. I don't think they have it anymore, need to contact the local post office Monday to see if they have a flat rate solution. If not, I'll have to quote international orders by hand, give me a shout.

They still have it, tho the pricing is excessive. Your best bet is First Class International now. And it does vary based on destination and weight. If it's any help, Belgium - Australia and Luxemborg are the most expensive and Canada is less than US shipping believe it or not.

We don't have Babe in Bangor, but we do have a 35' Paul Bunyan statue in fiberglass right on Main Street in front of the Bangor Auditorium.

At one point (I think around 1850) Bangor was considered the lumber capitol of the world and many thought it would be one of the big cities like New York and L.A.

If you visited now, you'd see that didn't really pan out, but it's a nice place to live and cache.

Edited by Sudonim

I remember correctly, the Saint Lawrence river was created by Paul dragging his axe because he was so tired from cutting all the wood in Maine and the Great Lakes were formed by his ox.

Either way, better hurry and get your coin now while they are cheap!!!