New Feature that should be designed "CACHER SEARCH"

genegene

Yes*

* I have seen another site (Ze Frank's The ORG) use a way of locating others on a Google Map, but it fuzzed the location by 1/4 mile or so (I guess to prevent weirdos from stalking you). I like the idea, but the implementation could use a little discussion.**

** Yes, I know we're not supposed to discuss here. :D

Yes*

* I have seen another site (Ze Frank's The ORG) use a way of locating others on a Google Map, but it fuzzed the location by 1/4 mile or so (I guess to prevent weirdos from stalking you). I like the idea, but the implementation could use a little discussion.**

** Yes, I know we're not supposed to discuss here. :P

In the OP he was very clear that the dot wouldn't be located at your home address, only in the town you list. You list the town you're in and it's show right under your avatar, so I'm guessing you don't mind telling anyone that looks where you live.

What difference would it make if that information were on a map with all the other cachers in your town?

No.

It sounds nice to me at first, as a way of contacting geocachers in my area, but I would find at least two problems with this.

First, if you are one of very few cachers in a given area (or maybe even the only one in a small rural town), you would be getting contacted all the time by others because your the only one in town. And maybe you just want to be left alone?

Second, what if you live in New York City, and your username is Aardvark or something like that. You would probably the top listed name in the list, and would be getting dozens of caching requests every day from people all over the world who will be traveling to New York. Even if you are a willing group cacher, the volume would be too much.

Perhaps this could work, but users would have to opt-in in order to be listed.

This is a Yes or NO Question, not a debate or argument topic. so please just say yes or no.

After downloading the new Google Earth I noticed a little dot and then clicked on it and found it was a picture. I found out that if there was more then one picture, that 1 dot would have multiple dots coming off of it to tell you there were other pictures in that same spot.

So here goes the pitch to Groundspeak

Copy Goggles picture bubble and instead of pictures put geocachers names there. You can put it in the form of a search: Country, State/Province, County. When you pick the county, it will bring up a map of the county and that map will have an out line of all the towns. each town will have a dot in it and when you hover over that dot the names of all the geocachers that live in that town or zip code will then appear. NOT THERE HOME ADDRESS, JUST TOWN. When you click on there name it will then take you to there profile page where you can contact them if you so chose. With the current way of finding someone in my area, I need to look at the logs and then pick a name and see where a big percentage of there cache finds are and then deduce whether or not they live in the area. It takes forever to do it this way.

This is just my idea of a better form of contacting one another other then the current form.

P.S. This feature would be open to everyone and not just a P.M. feature

Now the question for every one is this: would you like to see this idea or something like it done on Geocaching.com YES OR NO

Sorry, it's called a "discussion forum". If you don't want discussion, I suggest going into your bathroom and talking into the porcelain bowl instead of posting here.

Now, as far as the topic at hand goes....

sorry after your opening line anything else you had to say was irrelevant. Not getting either answer your desire.