geocacheuk.com

We too have trigs waiting to log - site has been down for over a week as far as I know.

Trigs to log, and trigs to count from last month for Cacher of the Month...

I think we found 300, :unsure: just need to check to confirm! :unsure:

G

Still down - after a few weeks of non-caching I finally have trigs to log !

The site is kind of up. I can log on, but everything is v-e-r-y s-l-o-w. My stats are only up to date as far as 31st July. So it's going to take a while to catch up. It might just be better to leave it alone for another couple of days while it does it's stuff.

And thanks to Teasel for getting it sorted.

Edited by Tizzie

I think it is still poorly

I keep getting the following:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Too many connections in /mnt/large/home/geocache/public_html/trigs/connect.php on line 25

I cannot connect to the database

On trigpointing and similar for g:uk

I think they maybe cutting back on the amount of people that can be on the site at one time, maybe the amount of traffic on the site is contributing to the downtime.

I know there was a topic recently about the geocacheuk site going down and it has since come back - but has anyone noticed that the profiles page does not seem to be updating - my stats page says I have logged 851 caches but when I go to the stats page it still only registers 832 - this was the figure since the site went down and has not changed since then even though I have updated more finds since that point. Is this a common glitch or just my profile page?

Think it's common.

Our profile was a couple of caches down, caches rated etc. all read correctly, then it corrected itself -just before the site dissappeared again!

Profile caches number is now well down in numbers!

I'm sure it'll catch up again.

I think it's part of GeocacheUK being a couple of days behind with PQ's, which seems to be part of Geocaching.com playing about with the site and people not getting regular PQ's...

G

Well, I would think this is more of a glitch, rather than slow updating - I am updating cache finds and have done since the recent crash, and that shows my figure now at 859 - however the profiles page is still not updating, it still shows only 832 - and that has not changed for 4 weeks, and I noitice that also reflects on the individual catagory list aswell - for example - the 'virgin caches defiled' when you click on that link mine has not been updated.

As I asked before is this just mine or are others experiencing that aswell

Well, I would think this is more of a glitch, rather than slow updating - I am updating cache finds and have done since the recent crash, and that shows my figure now at 859 - however the profiles page is still not updating, it still shows only 832 - and that has not changed for 4 weeks, and I noitice that also reflects on the individual catagory list aswell - for example - the 'virgin caches defiled' when you click on that link mine has not been updated.

As I asked before is this just mine or are others experiencing that aswell

Its not just you. The site seems to be working fine everywhere, except the Cacher profile page. Mine last updated on the 11th August.

But most importantly, the little red dots still appear on your map though! :D That's what I like.

So, I’m not the only cacher who likes peppering the map of the British Isles with red dots :D

My profile hasn't been updated now for a month, so I now no longer know how well I'm doing in over-taking/chasing celebrity cachers in the top 50 charts for most counties, mileage and number of days caching, but then again I’m only slightly interested in these statistics :D