The Geocoin Fairy

Aushiker

G'day

Just had a log on one of my cachers by the The Geocoin Fairy. It seems that this person is just logging caches for the sake of it. The cacher logged a cache in Colorado yesterday and two caches today in Western Australia. Assuming the dates are valid that is not physically possible.

I assume this is just virtual logging of caches. Is there any official policy on this sort of thing or it is really an owner makes their own decision type of matter?

Thanks in advance

Andrew

The Geocoin Fairy delivers special presents to the caches visited.

Most cache owners don't mind a visit from the Geocoin Fairy. If one did, they are free to delete the "found it" log.

There are long-running threads in the Geocoins forum about this subject. You may want to check those out.

The Geocoin Fairy delivers special presents to the caches visited.

Most cache owners don't mind a visit from the Geocoin Fairy. If one did, they are free to delete the "found it" log.

There are long-running threads in the Geocoins forum about this subject. You may want to check those out.

and if there's droppings to be found then obviously someone/thing was actually there.

G'day

Just had a log on one of my cachers by the The Geocoin Fairy. It seems that this person is just logging caches for the sake of it. The cacher logged a cache in Colorado yesterday and two caches today in Western Australia. Assuming the dates are valid that is not physically possible.

I assume this is just virtual logging of caches. Is there any official policy on this sort of thing or it is really an owner makes their own decision type of matter?

Thanks in advance

Andrew

Before EVER deciding that an online find log entry may be fraudulent, it always a good idea to check the physical logbook of the cache(s) in question to see if there really is a signature, you may just be surprised! Of course, not all GC accounts are owned by individuals, and rather, some are actually populated by teams of persons (some, at times, spread across the world), but the GC account is nonetheless a valid account and the logged finds are still valid finds, no less valid than when I log a cache while visiting Chennai, India and my wife Sue, still back home in the USA, logs a cache in Maryland on the same day. :unsure:

The Geocoin Fairy delivers special presents to the caches visited. ....There are long-running threads in the Geocoins forum about this subject. You may want to check those out.

Thanks for the clarification. I will check the cache out once I return to Perth. I can't do that at present as I am in Singapore, hence the posting.

I also did do a search on the "The Geocoin fairy" but nothing obvious came up, hence this posting.

Regards

Andrew