ultra cache box

toomanyyungins

I seen advertised fake pvc pipe, poop, sticks, snakes, etc. Do people really use these? How the heck are we supposed to find the cache if you do? After seeing one online, my husband has the terrible feeling he may have inadvertently thrown a cache some 10 yards from its original coords.

Yes, there are all kinds of cache containers. I once looked under a small bridge and found myself staring a rattlesnake in the eye. Fortunately, it turned out to be a rubber snake with a cache in its belly. I've found large lizards, rats, spiders, etc. with caches in them. I've yet to encounter a fake poop cache but I will probably run across one eventually.

I seen advertised fake pvc pipe, poop, sticks, snakes, etc. Do people really use these? .

Absolutely people use fake poop...It takes alot of looking.I just got an FTF the other day on a multi where the coords to stage two were written on the bottom of "What looked like a nice steaming pile" of POOP.

I also got FTF on the first one I saw...It took me three trips to the park to find it just sitting there next to a tree.

I seen advertised fake pvc pipe, poop, sticks, snakes, etc. Do people really use these? How the heck are we supposed to find the cache if you do? After seeing one online, my husband has the terrible feeling he may have inadvertently thrown a cache some 10 yards from its original coords.

I've found all of these but be careful. I have also found a fake frog, but it jumped. I found a fake mouse, but it twitched it's nose (today) and I've even found fake poop (yuck) that wasn't :unsure: . And as for those sprinkler heads - most of them are real :blink:

Hmm... Having evil thoughts. I almost stepped in bear poop three times yesterday. Now, bear poop is a lot larger than dog poop. Could fit something larger than a micro in fake bear poop! Maybe even a small Lock and Lock! But, I'd probably have to make an impression of a pile of poop, and match that strange purple/brown color. But this might be a fun project! Hee hee hee!

Hmm... Having evil thoughts. I almost stepped in bear poop three times yesterday. Now, bear poop is a lot larger than dog poop. Could fit something larger than a micro in fake bear poop! Maybe even a small Lock and Lock! But, I'd probably have to make an impression of a pile of poop, and match that strange purple/brown color. But this might be a fun project! Hee hee hee!

:rolleyes: Now that I want to see! I can imagine the logs already.

I've found fake poop that was a cache and real poop that wasn't. In some areas I've cached, fake human poop would be better camo than fake dog poop. I've also found a small tupperware geo-container wrapped up tightly in a black plastic bag tossed in the shrubbery. I assumed it was dog poop until I finally got the nerve up to open the bag. Finally, while I've found a few fake sprinkler heads, most were the real thing.

One thing to note about sprinker heads. They are not easy to dig up and fix when cachers twist them loose trying to find a cache inside. I now make sure if a hide of mine is tough to find and near sprinklers to mention its NOT in a sprinkler.

I wish others would note that as well. I've hunted for several and found sprinklers obviously unscrewed from the tubing in the ground. And odds are it was cachers on the hunt. Once unscrewed dirt gets inside causing issues.

Just wanted to share the info. Cache on!