Little Quest

Expecting a prodding soon (ooher)...

Leicestershire is delayed as the local farmer decided to dig everything up to lay drains while I was in France, and made access to the prospective cache site impossible. I didn't want to place it somewhere boring nearby so I've waited till he sorted the landscape out again. I'm going on a recce tonight to check the lay of the land as they say and hopefully get the cache placed and ready to go. :anitongue:

Self-prod for LQ: West Midlands.

Since I built the cache to hide, and worked out how to set the puzzle, it's become clear that the location of the first part of the cache may be disrupted by a road-building plan next year.

I've decided to set the cache as is, and work out a fall-back set of clues to the second part in case the first location becomes inaccessible.

Since I built the cache to hide, and worked out how to set the puzzle, it's become clear that the location of the first part of the cache may be disrupted by a road-building plan next year.

I've decided to set the cache as is, and work out a fall-back set of clues to the second part in case the first location becomes inaccessible.

Nick,

I think all county LQ caches are meant to be Traditionals, see first post.........

H

Nick,

I think all county LQ caches are meant to be Traditionals, see first post.........

H

That didn't make it to the LQ web page, as far as I can see, just the requirement to be small or larger - but it might solve the problem to save this awkward cache for one of my own, and set the LQ quest somewhere else.

If you want to hide a cache in a county for the LITTLE QUEST, here goes :

The cache must be a Trad, at least Small in size(City of London excepted).

Difficulty / Terrain is UP TO YOU, however no more than 1 mile from the nearest access road please.

Maybe not but it was here - check with PUP if in doubt!

H

There are no plans at the moment to do a league table, because that would require constant updating . If an automated method can be done, then it would certainly be an idea.

I wasn't thinking of something that dynamic - maybe just a weekly PQ that could be fed into GSAK and that could then calculate who has the most LQ finds... Either something I could run myself and keep for personal use, or maybe the results could be uploaded somewhere for a weekly snapshot of who's where in the 'race'... It is a race isn't it?

Jon

There are no plans at the moment to do a league table, because that would require constant updating . If an automated method can be done, then it would certainly be an idea.

I wasn't thinking of something that dynamic - maybe just a weekly PQ that could be fed into GSAK and that could then calculate who has the most LQ finds... Either something I could run myself and keep for personal use, or maybe the results could be uploaded somewhere for a weekly snapshot of who's where in the 'race'... It is a race isn't it?

Jon

There does exist a GSAK macro to do league tables, but the output is rather messy, and it only orders by caching name rather than number of finds.

Using a combination of that macro, and a spreadsheet program, I knocked this up in 10 minutes.

Little Quest Finders Chart - I'm happy to update this every week.

I've not checked to see if the Macro has worked out the FTFers correctly.

Another cache listed and ready to go LQ: Leicestershire.

However, it won't go live for a couple of days as the landowner is doing some pre-winter work on his field to help drain it, so this is your early warning to arm your GPS :laughing:

I have placed a White Jeep inside it to tempt people out of the woodwork :laughing:B)

Erm all anyone apart from Reviewers and yourself can see is the fact that it has yet to be published :laughing:

Caches to be hidden :

Berkshire : Mr Dewdrop

Cumbria : Golem

East Sussex : Tootsie's Trackers

Greater London : Edgemaster

Hertfordshire : HouseOfBoo

Lincolnshire : TJCache&Carr

Merseyside : HazelS

Nottinghamshire : Angellica

Shropshire : Markandlynn

Suffolk : Weston Wanderer

Surrey : Mr Dewdrop

Warwickshire : KandG

West Midlands : OldNickCov

West Yorkshire : Jaz666

:huh:

Another cache listed and ready to go LQ: Leicestershire.

However, it won't go live for a couple of days as the landowner is doing some pre-winter work on his field to help drain it, so this is your early warning to arm your GPS :huh:

I have placed a White Jeep inside it to tempt people out of the woodwork :huh::D

I know its released now but by going to the jeep's page and downloading the kml file from the jeeps home page the cache was locatable before being published.

We are waiting for final permision issues to be sorted before we plant ours in shropshire.

Despite being reasured by the landowner to the contrary he had decided to plough up all the footpaths near my LQ cache site in Leicestershire a day after placing the cache :huh:

So if you are planning to grab this cache within the next month or so sturdy walking boots are advised till a new footpath is formed by the local muggle dogwalkers. :huh:

Caches to be hidden :

Berkshire : Mr Dewdrop

Suffolk : Weston Wanderer

Surrey : Mr Dewdrop

West Midlands : OldNickCov

West Yorkshire : Jaz666

;)

It looks like your a bit behind with the list :huh: LQ:Nottinghamshire was published on the 26th and the FTF was on the 27th :blink:

I had a quick look and it looks like these still need to be done:

West Yorkshire : ???