Little Quest

To save everyone having to search for it Little Quest Book Mark

I can tell you that the final cache has been reviewed and is just waiting for all the other caches to be published before going live.

Your going to need the following ;)

a 4x4, climbing gear, a boat, scuba gear oh and plan for a overnight stay at the cache location :):lol:

Well you didn't think I was going to reveal anything did you? :lol:

I've only just realised what this is all about yesterday. I was fortunate to have one a few miles away from home (LQ:Cheshire) and one a couple of miles off my route to work (LQ:Gtr Manchester) and managed to grab FTFs on both (5.5 hrs and excess of 10 hours (?) respectively after publication). Maybe I could get a hattrick when Hazel gets her ball rolling, and with PP&R away. Naahhh probably not, I'm not an "FTF shark" and was just lucky to have those two published when they were and where they are. I don't have any plans to go for the merseyside one.

LQ:Bedfordshire is in place, has been approved and will be released sometime after dark this evening :tongue:

Maybe this is a dumb question, but how do you submit a cache & get it approved but nor released to the great unwashed?

Simple you post a Reviewer note requesting publishing around a certain time, if we can accommodate your request you we will do so :unsure: whether it is to publish in the evening or at a later date [those take a bigger bribe though :D ] and is all part of the service we provide :huh:

You submit it as normal but in the reviews note, you ask for it not to be published. One of the Reviewers (in this case, Mr Lactodorum) reviews it, passes it as ok and immediately temporarily disables it again. When you want to release it you re-enable it and it's back in the Reviewers queue for publishing.

I wanted to make sure everything was OK before I went and finally placed the box but I didn't want it released until later tonight.... That gives everyone an equal chance for an FTF in the morning. If I'd have placed the box this afternoon and waited until tonight before the reviewers got their first look at it and there was a problem, it wouldn't get released until next weekend at the earliest.

Make sense?

Edited by Pharisee

LQ:Bedfordshire is in place, has been approved and will be released sometime after dark this evening :tongue:

Maybe this is a dumb question, but how do you submit a cache & get it approved but nor released to the great unwashed?

Simple you post a Reviewer note requesting publishing around a certain time, if we can accommodate your request you we will do so :unsure: whether it is to publish in the evening or at a later date [those take a bigger bribe though :D ] and is all part of the service we provide :huh:

Ahh, so I can expect to see packets of pork scratchings being passed under the table at the September event then!

Mine is out for Hants .... just waiting for reviewer approval. <_<

You'll be waiting a long time then :anitongue:

We haven't APPROVED a cache for a couple of years now :anitongue: They are PUBLISHED these days after REVIEW. :anitongue:

Oi! You must have known I was going on hols and not able to reply for a bit! :laughing::ph34r::laughing: Underhand! Anyway nice to see you did REVIEW it and then PUBLISH it and it's been found a few times too! Happy Bunny :yikes:

Edited by The Cache Hoppers

Derbyshire's will be done this weekend... sorry for delay but been on holiday and out solid with work around that holiday (dadgum consultancy) :D. Have had to change the original planned location as i'm still discussing with Stanton Estates a plan for caches on their land (stewardship), but it'll be a good location nonetheless :lol: