Google Earth Placemarks To Garmin 60CSX

Ok my question is WITHOUT getting google pro whats the simplest way to convert googles Lat/Lon to manually enter in my 60csx? Or if there is a program that wil send it to the GPS. I have alot of cemeteries placemarked and would like to transfer them to my gps so I can place some caches.

Thanks in advance!

Ok my question is WITHOUT getting google pro whats the simplest way to convert googles Lat/Lon to manually enter in my 60csx? Or if there is a program that wil send it to the GPS. I have alot of cemeteries placemarked and would like to transfer them to my gps so I can place some caches.

Thanks in advance!

Save your Google placemarks to a .kml file...convert that file in GPSBabel to .gdb or .gpx...now open the .gdb or .gpx file in Mapsource and upload it to your GPS.

Edited by rws

Thanks in advance!

Save your Google placemarks to a .kml file...convert that file in GPSBabel to .gdb or .gpx...now open the .gdb or .gpx file in Mapsource and upload it to your GPS.

Awesome!! THANK YOU!!

Can this only be done with a Garmin map loaded into the MapSource? I only have the basemap in MapSource. If I open the KML file that I generated using GPSBabel, I do not see it listed under 'Routes' or displayed on the map.

Any ideas?

Paul

You need to get gpsbabel to convert from KML to GPX format that Mapsource can then load.