Friends....

I went to my account page and noticed "View My Friends"??

OK...I clicked...I don't have any friends!! :unsure::laughing:

Is this a way to let us know that we need to get a life? Get off the forums and get out into that rat race to make friends?

Wait a minute....let me check something....there is a tab saying "Pending Friend Requests"....

Oh Joy...someone wants us to be their friend!!

Do you have any "Friends"?

Now what...what happens? Is this like a virtual friend, only on the Internet?

Silly or not?

Shirley~

Think of the Friends feature as social networking on the web site. By having "friends", it makes it easier for you to watch their geoaching activities and contact through the web site.

Is there an issue with this feature you need to be resolved?

Think of the Friends feature as social networking on the web site. By having "friends", it makes it easier for you to watch their geoaching activities and contact through the web site.

No issues at all. I just started this thread in Off Topic to see if anyone else had noticed this feature and if they also had "No Friends" or maybe a pending one and did not know of it. It was meant to be a light-hearted thread that would maybe spark some funny answers.

But, while I have your attention.... Now, what happens...do I get E-mail every time they log anything? Or post on the forums? Or do they? Or is it just to have easy access to them?

I am sorry if I am a bit late with such questions or if it sounds rather stupid. Just wondering.

Shirley~

No issues at all. I just started this thread in Off Topic to see if anyone else had noticed this feature and if they also had "No Friends" or maybe a pending one and did not know of it. It was meant to be a light-hearted thread that would maybe spark some funny answers.

But, while I have your attention.... Now, what happens...do I get E-mail every time they log anything? Or post on the forums? Or do they? Or is it just to have easy access to them?

I am sorry if I am a bit late with such questions or if it sounds rather stupid. Just wondering.

Shirley~

Say you have fired off a friend request and they have accepted. You will then be able to see them listed in your friends list. Here's an example from one of my friends:

Title: Groundspeak Lackey

Found: 165 Hidden: 0

So you can see basic information about them, but also have quick access to their profile.

I went to my account page and noticed "View My Friends"??

OK...I clicked...I don't have any friends!! :blink::laughing:

Is this a way to let us know that we need to get a life? Get off the forums and get out into that rat race to make friends?

Wait a minute....let me check something....there is a tab saying "Pending Friend Requests"....

Oh Joy...someone wants us to be their friend!!

Do you have any "Friends"?

Now what...what happens? Is this like a virtual friend, only on the Internet?

Silly or not?

Shirley~

Oh Dear. It appears we don't have any friends either. :huh: But wait!! There's hope. :unsure: We do have a pending friend. Oh joy! Now that we know what that means we can reply back to our pending friend. That is, if he didn't go away mad because we left him pending.

I keep hearing about this "friends" thing. It sounds vaguely familiar. Do I need one?

nah i heard they require too much attention and you have to do mundane things like 'listen' and 'be nice' , i suggest a pet rock and if he gives you any crap a quick suggestion and nudge near a lake and he will learn his lesson permanently!

:unsure::huh::laughing::blink:

Edited by Dr. Jackal

I just got a friend request from someone I've never met, who's been a member since '02 but only has 3 finds and a completely blank profile.

In their friend request the first thing they asked about was my kids.

Definitely set off my creep-o-meter.