Rumor has it....

ClickChik

...one of the 2oldfarts birthday is coming up!

Happy B-day John and may all your witness posts stand tall and the disks shine bright in the sun of the SW.

(...back to your regularly scheduled program.)

ClickChik (and GeekBoy.from.Illinois)

And does the rumor mill have an age for this oldfart? I hear he's so old he can remember when the Grand Canyon was only 50 feet deep, but that is only a rumor.

Happy Birthday 1 of the 2Oldfarts....John....

UNK1

And does the rumor mill have an age for this oldfart? I hear he's so old he can remember when the Grand Canyon was only 50 feet deep, but that is only a rumor.

Happy Birthday 1 of the 2Oldfarts....John....

UNK1

I have it on good authority that he is older than dirt, I wouldn't push it so far as saying he remembers the canyon during the Pliocene :D

(This is from someone who has stared too long at air photos of the Bright Angel Quad during her undergraduate days.)

Thank you all for your wishes.

The weather is too hot for this oldfart to try and do much benchmarking right now. BUT, perhaps this winter we can have a benchmarking outing/event near the Laughlin/Searchlight area. There are still some pre-1900 marks waiting for us to find them. Some may even be in the FTR (First to Recover) category!

We should be able to get several days off work from about late November through mid-January when the weather would be ideal for getting out in the desert.

Thanks everyone for making me feel Old instead of Ancient! :laughing::unsure:

John

.. BUT, perhaps this winter we can have a benchmarking outing/event near the Laughlin/Searchlight area.

Yeah - meet at the Searchlight Nugget & head out for FS1225 - now THAT sounds like Fun!

PS - Congrats on reaching another age 'benchmark' & thanks for spending the time to come up w/ these contests! (looking forward to the spring one - "52-Disk Pickup") :(

.. BUT, perhaps this winter we can have a benchmarking outing/event near the Laughlin/Searchlight area.

Yeah - meet at the Searchlight Nugget & head out for FS1225 - now THAT sounds like Fun!

PS - Congrats on reaching another age 'benchmark' & thanks for spending the time to come up w/ these contests! (looking forward to the spring one - "52-Disk Pickup") ^_^

Is that the contest where you have to get a minimum of 52 recoveries (in one day) before any of them count?

EDIT: to add clarifying punctuation. ^_^

Edited by AZcachemeister

Happy Birthday to someone older tha the dolphin!

PS - Congrats on reaching another age 'benchmark' & thanks for spending the time to come up w/ these contests! (looking forward to the spring one - "52-Disk Pickup") :D

Bad Ernmark! Don't give him any ideas!

Harry, You don't know how correct you are!! devilred4ry.gif

On the drive home from Vegas today, we came up with this great Idea for the next contest! lightbulb.gif

You will want to thank "BAD Ernmark" for this one. We even figured out the best scoring system for it, also! The best part, it is fairly balanced so that Everyone is on the same level playing field and no one will have an advantage due to their experience.

Even drill holes will count for this contest, at least the ones that you haven't found in the last year.

I hear VEX calling to me again! If I had some assistance, I know this 1899 benchmark could be recovered. There is only 1 way left that can be used to reach it, all others have proven fruitless.

John