"Find Caches Along a Route" Feature - help!

cachons-nous

I'm very much a newbie (just found our first cache last week). We're driving from Seattle to Northern CA next week (Burney) and I want to find a good assortment of caches right off the highway to keep it interesting for our 8 year old son. Problem is that I can't seem to get the "Find Caches Along a Route" Feature to work right. I've followed the directions that are found here and there and managed to upload a map from Google Earth, but then when I run the pocket query and try to view it from the "preview on map" button, I get a cluster of caches in Seattle and nothing more. I've also tried to export the GeocachingNetworkKML.kml file from my accounts page into Google Earth and I get a message saying that I've "exceeded the allowed views for the day" - but checking the next day it still says that. Argh! Any good step by step tutorials out there on this process to help me out? Thanks for reading this...

I've made a few caches along a route utilizing Google Earth, so I'm comfortable in knowing what I'm doing. I also received that message, yet I have not requested a query in months... last time I had not completed a waver or something... Has something new come up that I need to do before doing a query? Or is there a system error?

AMendment to the above... I read another post on how to remove/archive queries. Clean out my query list and now am able to run queries, again... look for a post asking how to remove or archive queries. Make sure you look for the icon- works like a charm!

Edited by goobers5

This keeps coming up in the Forum and from what I have read, the error is common, but apparently the PQ comes through with the correct caches.

Do a Search for other posts on this subject in the last several weeks to see what others have experienced.