Springfiel, Missouri traveling to Ft. L Wood

wavejim

I will be traveling from Springfield to Ft. L. Wood in September for a basic training graduation. I plan on caching along the highway.

I will have some free time in my travels and plan to do some short hikes (2-3 miles). Are there any caches that are "must visit" near Ft L wood? I know next to nothing about the are and would appreciate any advice.

Thanks....................wavejim

I will be traveling from Springfield to Ft. L. Wood in September for a basic training graduation. I plan on caching along the highway.

I will have some free time in my travels and plan to do some short hikes (2-3 miles). Are there any caches that are "must visit" near Ft L wood? I know next to nothing about the are and would appreciate any advice.

I just did this one. Well worth a stop and a change of clothes.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...ae971&log=y

Thanks Webscouter! That looks like my kind of fun. I will put this one on the top of the list. I took my son's thru the Snoqualmie tunnel this weekend. The tunnel is 2.3 miles long leading to the Ape cache in Wa. State. Had a blast.

How long did Smittle Cave take from start to finish?

Your a premimum check out the routes pocket query there is one from Springfield to St louis that will have what you need. It took six hours to go from Springfield to St louis when it should have only taken 3 hours most of the caches were between Springfield and Ft Leanord Wood. Easy caches One really huge sink hole along the way.