"Travel Coin"

dark_onyx1982

The first TB that I found was a coin attached to a TB dog tag and the TB is still moving along. I have one sitting and waiting to be launched and a 2nd that I will be launching soon. The only other one that I did was muggled in the 1st cache I placed it in ... come to find out the TB Hotel that it was taken from frequently has TB's and coins taken :)

Good luck and happy travels :)

Has anyone ever used their coins like a travel bug? Attaching them to a hitchhiker and giving them goals? How has this fared for you?

This is how I usually send out my coins. I drill a hole in the coin and attach it to some sort of toy figure or something that is of interest to me with a wire and crimper. For me, I'd rather pay about the same amount of money for a coin and have a unique icon for my trinket or whatever it is that I want to attach to it. My coin/ travelers travel and get logged just like my travel bug tags.

Has anyone ever used their coins like a travel bug? Attaching them to a hitchhiker and giving them goals? How has this fared for you?

This is how I usually send out my coins. I drill a hole in the coin and attach it to some sort of toy figure or something that is of interest to me with a wire and crimper. For me, I'd rather pay about the same amount of money for a coin and have a unique icon for my trinket or whatever it is that I want to attach to it. My coin/ travelers travel and get logged just like my travel bug tags.

Ditto for me, too :D I feel it's the only way and it's quite enjoyable this way!!!

Yup...I do it all the time.

I think this one: http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=941433 is my favorite though. It just kinda worked for him :D

I usually get the cheaper coins...The one on the bear is a generic geocoin, from geoswag.com -- $4.50 if you buy 6, $5.50 for 1, within the TB range still & comes with a pre-drilled hole for attaching things. For about 50 cents less they have a "cache movers" coin that'd work good too. Another good choice is Hogwildstuff's "famous" traveling coin (pre-attached to a key chain...made for what you're talking about), $4 ea in packs of 10, still under $5 singlely

Also I like to give some of my coins, with attachments or not (without is smaller, good for lil caches) goals... http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=695278 is one of my favorites.

Enjoy & good luck!