Lost before it was even placed?

griffinox

So, I had 6 or 7 tags that stayed on my backpack at all times: 4 copies, and 2 or 3 bugs to put out if I found something to use while on the road. Awhile ago I decided to take them off of my bag in case they fell off out in the woods. Ironically, it was only AFTER I took them off that I lost them. They sat on my desk for a couple weeks, then disappeared. I've checked my car, including the trunk..every drawer in the room they were in, and every bag or container they could possibly be in. They are GONE.

I did find a $50 in the process hidden in the pocket for the back support part of my backpack...

Is it possible to get replacement tags if they've been logged on the site, just not set out yet?

Edited by griffinox

I've heard of people making replacements from cardstock, then laminating them. As long as whatever you use has the tracking number on it, you should be okay. The actual metal tags aren't required for a travel bug.

The problem is that the tags that had the original code on it were lost also...so I had no idea what they were. But I found them, so it's all good.

I've heard of people making replacements from cardstock, then laminating them. As long as whatever you use has the tracking number on it, you should be okay. The actual metal tags aren't required for a travel bug.

The problem is that the tags that had the original code on it were lost also...so I had no idea what they were. But I found them, so it's all good.

Glad you found them!

Now write those numbers down :)

Examples, just in case

I have a somewhat similar question...not worth starting its own thread for.

I bought a trackable geocoin with the intent of moving it from cache to cache. I activated it, but before I could place it in a cache...I lost it. In my own house! I have looked but it is nowhere to be found - this was months ago actually. It has been taunting me from my inventory ever since. Is there any way to clear it from my inventory? There is a possibility that I would find it someday (if I move house?) but for right now it's a lost cause!

You can move a missing trackable out of your inventory to an "unknown location" if you are the owner of that trackable, or the owner of the cache it's in. Select the option from the menu at the top right of the trackable's page to "Mark Missing." If the trackable shows up later, you can grab it back from limbo, and its mileage won't be affected. I hope it turns up!

You should also be able to see the tracking numbers of tags you own and have activated when you go to your profile page. You can make copy tags from anything using those numbers, but it's best to use a dog tag lookalike item would be better for people to recognize them as travel bugs. I think a lot of pet shops offer tags and engraving. They might think it wierd that your dog's name is 12345 though :D