Very remote caches

st kilda - although should we include scotland after all they went their own with the goverment so are they 'really' that united?

but that aside its not that far from people as st kilda does have MOD staff and sometimes the ranger. Its just far from the rest of the population.

st kilda - although should we include scotland after all they went their own with the goverment so are they 'really' that united?

but that aside its not that far from people as st kilda does have MOD staff and sometimes the ranger. Its just far from the rest of the population.

Yup, St. Kilda certainly qualifies as "remote" by my reckoning - it's the most remote part of the UK to have ever been inhabited. I'd love to go there one day, so I'll include the cache if I ever make it. The place has a very moving history - I read a book recently entitled "The Life and Death of St. Kilda", which I'd recommend to anyone with an interest in the place.

Lee

That's this one, but The Glomach Falls looks almost as hard to reach to me. I'd also suggest West is Best (Ardnamurchan Point) is a long way off the beaten track. I hope to place one on the Knoydart Peninsula when I'm next in Scotland. There's no where as remote in England/Wales, but perhaps Sark..?

Wow - Glomach Falls went a year between finds at one point - so I guess that qualifies as well! Ardnamurchan Point is within moderate reach of my mother-in-law's house, so I might be able to drag her there sometime. It's no surprise to me that the most remote ones are all Scottish.

Lee

Our vote so far goes to GCG0P7 - Can you hear me mother, its on Unst, Shetland Isles. So you get the ferry to Shetland, then another to Yell, then another to Unst, drive north through the island, park up, enjoy the amazing view, go for a short walk and there it is.

Another good walk on the mainland is GCPJ54, Another fine Ness, it’s a 3/5 rating but not that bad on a nice day. While in the Shetland Islands all 6 of the caches are worth a look, we enjoyed them all.

At the other end of the British Islands GCWNGX, L'Avarizon off Jersey is great, a 1.3mile walk out across the seabed, only accessible at low tide, its almost surreal.

Don't get too excited about Sark, its only a quick ferry from Guernsey - when we were there the only one available was just on the edge of the village, the one on little Sark having been temp archived, but its only a bike ride away from the ferry.

Pauls previously mentioned Ardnamurchan Points a nice ride and you can get the ferry over to Mull for those caches on the way back.....

Do like the look of some of the previous ones, must look into these!

H&L

The caches put out by the 'sykesfamily' in Yorkshire tend to be as remote as they can make them. GCY9FD, GC10JCC are examples, no paths with in a mile or so, heather and bog all around. They maybe don't match the dramatic scenary of the Highlands and Islands but they are rarely visited places. I managed 3 and a DNF yesterday with 8 hours walking.

Don't get too excited about Sark, its only a quick ferry from Guernsey - when we were there the only one available was just on the edge of the village, the one on little Sark having been temp archived, but its only a bike ride away from the ferry.
There I go, equating civilisation with the motor car- which they don't have on Sark. When I visited the island, with its 1930's feel, bicycles and horse carts, it felt pretty remote to me. But H&L are right, it's not exactly a three day slog through swamps to get there. <_<

English-wilderness-wise, you can't beat Dartmoor so I'm surprised no one's mentioned a cache or two there.

Edited by Simply Paul