TB that are not in the cache.

Lloyd family

I have some of my own and have watched many other caches that do not have inventoried travel bugs in there cache. How do you get rid of of them from the inventory if you are not the owner of the TB. I had gone to a 2 Travel Bug hotels last weekend that had a combined inventory of 12 TB's but there was only 1 out of 12 there. From the history most have been in them for quite awhile. I also have TB's that I would like to remove from the my caches I know have not been in there for quite awhile.

I have some of my own and have watched many other caches that do not have inventoried travel bugs in there cache. How do you get rid of of them from the inventory if you are not the owner of the TB. I had gone to a 2 Travel Bug hotels last weekend that had a combined inventory of 12 TB's but there was only 1 out of 12 there. From the history most have been in them for quite awhile. I also have TB's that I would like to remove from the my caches I know have not been in there for quite awhile.

If I understand you question correctly, all you have to do is contact the the owner of the cache the TB's are showing up in ask them to move them to "missing". That option is also availablt to you as a cache owner on the individual TB page.

If you own the bug, you can mark it missing.

If you own the cache, you can mark them missing \, even without a tracking number(don't forget to click "yes" to confirm you want to mark it missing).

If you own neither, but can confirm that they are indeed missing, and have been for a while, AND there is no response from either the owner of the cache, or the owner of the bug, send me a link to the bug and I can mark it missing.

Dumb question but, I'm the owner of a TB (2 infact) that are lost. How do I move them to the missing area. I've tried to read the "how to" steps but the don't get me to where I need to go. Please help

Go to the bug page and under Trackable Item Owner Options is a pulldown menu labeled Recalculate Distance, the option is under there.

I have a little different twist to this problem on one of my caches.

TBJX8F is listed as being in my cache GCZ5RP. I went to *mark item missing* and saw that there was a *retrieved* log posted in February.

My question is how can I get it off the cache page. I don't think marking it as missing is a good choice since it was retrieved and should be shown in the hands of the retriever.

Yeah, that happens from time to time.

Send a note to the current holder and ask them to do the Retrieve again. If you don't get a response go ahead and mark it as missing. The current holder can always grab it away when they are ready to drop it. It's better not to have people think there is a bug in your cache and end up making an unnecessary trip.

Send a note to the current holder and ask them to do the Retrieve again. If you don't get a response go ahead and mark it as missing. The current holder can always grab it away when they are ready to drop it. It's better not to have people think there is a bug in your cache and end up making an unnecessary trip.

Thanks for the input. After thinking about this I suppose they'll have to retrieve it again anyway. If it's showing as being in the cache they can't drop it because it's probably not in their inventory. Being their first, and so far only TB, they might be a tad confused. I'll fire off a note.

Thanks again, this was a new one for me.

Thanks for the input. After thinking about this I suppose they'll have to retrieve it again anyway. If it's showing as being in the cache they can't drop it because it's probably not in their inventory. Being their first, and so far only TB, they might be a tad confused. I'll fire off a note.

Thanks again, this was a new one for me.

I marked it missing for you.

Eartha