Mason Geocachers?

Heya Brother...

M.M. from Evergreen Park lodge 1171, as well as 32*AASR Valley of Chicago...

I was just thinking today of starting a whole load of Caches with Masonic themes...

Cheers,

Norm Eisengart

I was also brother! I found the Masonic GeoCoin online and the subject came up on freemasonpride.com of getting GPS coordinates of all the lodges. I try to put a 'masonic penny' in every cache I find.

I was also brother! I found the Masonic GeoCoin online and the subject came up on freemasonpride.com of getting GPS coordinates of all the lodges. I try to put a 'masonic penny' in every cache I find.

That is too much...I was looking for a punch to stamp my own pennies...That is funny...Would you be interested in starting a Masonic Group???

Let me know..

thanks,

Norm

That is too much...I was looking for a punch to stamp my own pennies...That is funny...Would you be interested in starting a Masonic Group???

Let me know..

thanks,

Norm

I have that punch! And use it often! They are easy to use, but takes some practice to get centered right. Id asked around to see if the Shrine has a group already but it doesnt appear to be so.

Let me know..

thanks,

Norm

I have that punch! And use it often! They are easy to use, but takes some practice to get centered right. Id asked around to see if the Shrine has a group already but it doesnt appear to be so.

Sudbury Lodge 691 AF&AM

SD

There are lots of us masonic cachers. PGHLooking, Joefrog and I created the masonic geocoin to celebrate the masonic cachers of the world. If you haven't got your masonic geocoin already, make sure you pick one up.. they turned out pretty great, and a portion of the proceeds go to a masonic organization.

If someone does create a masonic geocaching group though, please let me know. I'll sign up. :laughing:

Cheers!

Edited by DRAG0N

Any Masons Geocaching?

I've been GC'g for almost five years now.

Past Master of Oatka Lodge #759 in Scottsville, New York.

Currently Master of 2nd Veil in RAM Chapter #62 in Rochester New York.

Check out my Masonic themed cache: "The Morgan Affair" GCM983

Feel free to contact me: BrotherMark759@aol.com

Any Masons Geocaching?

Brother, I'm new to the sport. I'm P.M. of Fortitude #47 in Lagrange, Ky. as well as President of the Wayfarers Chapter of the Widows Sons Masonic Riders Assoc. We love geocaching and one of our first cashes was Famous Masons: Rob Morris by MM32. Great Cashe! We are hooked now. I'd like to get my hands on one of those Masonic Geocoins. Happy Hunting.

Ron

Hi there. New to this as well. I see that there is a masonic geocoin for sale on ebay where a portion of the sale goes to English lodges. Would be fun if a group of us could form and do something similar.

Fraternally

Bro. Brett Bayley

Caledonia 486, Bakersfield CA.

I am a traveling man also I am Master (my second time :anitongue: ) this year of Lewisville Lodge No. 201 A.F.&A.M. in Texas and it has cut into my Saturday morning caching time some. I have so much going on I just can't seem to find the time to get out every Saturday like I am use to. We have had 35 degrees in 8 months and that by itself is keeping us busy. I have been caching for about 18 months and I am just waiting until I can retire and go caching more. I just found one of the first places I have to visit when I do in Missouri my home state. :anitongue:

We have had 35 degrees in 8 months

Wow that's impressive! How many members are in your lodge?

Around 275 we just did two EAs tonight, we have a MM scheduled week after next and two more EAs the next week. We have two more petitions being examined to vote on next month. The way I figure it I will have between 40 and 45 degrees my year. I am getting wore out, :D I can not see doing many more in a year. This is the most degrees in a year since they did 68 degrees in 1984 when we built our new lodge. Last night we had a district workshop and when that was over at 9:00 we opened a FC Lodge and did a profeciency. We are at the lodge 3 nights a week and there are always 3 to 10 people working on their memory work. At least I only have until the end of June and I will be out of the East and can do more geocaching. Next year will be the first year in 12 years that I will not be an officer of the lodge unless I decide to be treasure. :P

K, what is all the mystery with Free Masons? I completely get it, by why is the brotherhood shrouded in mystery? Even some of the most famous brothers clam up...

The easiest way to explain is that it's not really a secret society, but rather a society of secrets. True, a lot of older masons will probably clam up if asked anything, but times have changed and there are informative sites online, both good and bad. Obviously, the modes of recognition are not discussed. Freemasonry and it's appendant bodies, i.e. shriners and other groups, are the world's largest charitable organization. If you have questions, all you have to do is ask...

Doug/medic208, SW, CL

Laurinburg (NC) #305 AF & AM

K, what is all the mystery with Free Masons? I completely get it, by why is the brotherhood shrouded in mystery? Even some of the most famous brothers clam up...

We are not really shrouded in mystery, we are happy to take anyone in to the lodge room and answer most questions you may have. There are really very few secrets masons have and those are mainly ways we can prove to one another when we meet that we are both masons.

Freemasonry is the largest and oldest secular fraternal order in the world, crossing all religious boundaries to bring men together of all countries, sects, and opinion in peace and harmony. It is a universal brotherhood, dedicated to serving the divine by service to family, country, and mankind.

The real nature of Freemasonry is a spiritual force behind each member, improving him or herself morally by associating with other like-minded individuals. Also, Freemasonry acts as a social organization, promoting the interaction between like-minded men within the lodge to build bonds between them. By fostering this brotherhood relationships are made that remain even outside the comforts of the lodge the bonds remain and genuine affection prevails. Wherever traveling, masons meet and greet other masons as brothers as a result of these bonds.

Differing from religious institutions, Freemasonry sees all men as equal, not drawing division to beliefs. Fellow Freemasons are regarded as brothers because of the rituals of Freemasonry, which have remained virtually unchanged for many hundred years. By accepting men of all faiths, together in Freemasonry, they learn and teach the truths of morality, justice, patriotism and brotherly love.

What mystery is in the above statements?

I saw all 3 of these threads and wondered what was going on????

I will step forward and say JESUS is my Lord!

I usually do not get involved in these type discussions but when it comes to who has the final say he is much greater than I so this is all I will post.

THEOTHRBROTHR

Well this particular thread has nothing to do with religion. If you have any interest in Masonry I am sure that any of the previous posters who are actually Masons would be happy to answer questions via email or PM. And I have no doubt they would be happy to help put you in contact with a lodge in your area.

My Grandfather was a Scottish Rite Mason.

I have also talked to a brother whom has invited me to visit the Local Lodge.

But I am one of a different character than most.

I see all these as a way for each separate group to formalize opinions and talk about geocaching.

It just appears to me as each wants to make their particular views known and find others of their kind.

I was making my beliefs known just like the others have done.

To each his own and may we all come together as great geocachers and show a good example of who and what we are.

I knew better than to start into the discussion but felt it necessary also.

Brothers,

I'm also looking for other Brothers out there who GEOCACHE. In fact, I am currently working with The Supreme Council for Scottish Rite -Southern Jurisdiction on a Masonic Website for Geocaching.

If any Brothers out there would like to know more, Please contact me about this project.

Thanks,

fraternally,

Bro. Eddie 32* AASR

campfire_254@yahoo.com

I saw all 3 of these threads and wondered what was going on????

I will step forward and say JESUS is my Lord!

I usually do not get involved in these type discussions but when it comes to who has the final say he is much greater than I so this is all I will post.

THEOTHRBROTHR

Masonry is not a religion, nor is it a substitute for one.

Since this isn't the right thread for discussions on what masonry is, I'll stop there and leave it to you to contact a mason as WRASTRO suggested.