Suggestions for event locations

Snowwolf75

I volunteered to spearhead the GeoCoinFest event in October for the Puget Sound area - this isn't the mega event that happened earlier this year in california, but a group of smaller events all over the US and in other countries. Thing is, I havn't yet found a good location to host it. Based on past geocoin-related events, I expect around 100, so standard restaurant banquet rooms wouldn't suffice. I've pinged some schools, a few churchs, hotels, and a few convention spaces...

So far, I've gotten a response back from ACME Bowling, which seemed interesting, and the Holiday Inn, though they want $$$ (especially if I want food as part of the deal).

I've heard people suggest grange halls or town halls, but I'm not sure how to find any in south King County (since that's where I am). Any suggestions people can come up with?

I volunteered to spearhead the GeoCoinFest event in October for the Puget Sound area - this isn't the mega event that happened earlier this year in california, but a group of smaller events all over the US and in other countries. Thing is, I havn't yet found a good location to host it. Based on past geocoin-related events, I expect around 100, so standard restaurant banquet rooms wouldn't suffice. I've pinged some schools, a few churchs, hotels, and a few convention spaces...

So far, I've gotten a response back from ACME Bowling, which seemed interesting, and the Holiday Inn, though they want $$$ (especially if I want food as part of the deal).

I've heard people suggest grange halls or town halls, but I'm not sure how to find any in south King County (since that's where I am). Any suggestions people can come up with?

Old Country Buffet worked out really well for the Spokane Cache Machine. It looks like they have several locations in the south King County area. Just make sure that you choose one that lists "banquet rooms available" and not the smaller "group dining". You'll also need to phone in advance and make a reservation for their banquet room. There's no charge to use their banquet rooms, each person can pick what they want to eat, and everyone in our large group gets their food at the same time.

Old Country Buffet worked out really well for the Spokane Cache Machine. It looks like they have several locations in the south King County area.

That would be a fall-back option, but I'd prefer a place where people didn't have to pay as they entered. Granted, the idea of having the selection of food is a good point.