CITO at Halton parks

Flah_and_Kids

Hi,

I am not an experienced geocacher so I am not going to attempt to organize events this early but gosh...someone should try and get a CITO going at the Halton parks....

We were at Kelso this past weekend with the kids...son wanted to catch (and release) a frog so we ended up walking in the 16 mile creek and boy....at that time I wished I had taken a garbage bag with me...

There was garbage everywhere....such a pity...

We will be camping at Rattlesnake next weekend so CITO will be in order.

Really sad that many people going to conservation areas don't understand the meaning of "Conservation"....

FayeC

dare ya to do something about it... :(

How do you define an experienced cacher? I was recently thrown into the position of organizing a CITO when the owner was relocated for military training. It was a daunting task at first.. but after a while i realized that all I really needed to do was arrange with the city to have the garbage picked up, and bring some garbage bags...

CITO!! no experience necessary!

Edited by Juicepig

I recently decided to organize a CITO, but then I got called away on a military tasking and had to rely on some others to pull the event off at the last minute. I had less than a year's experience geocaching.

My only suggestion is don't do it alone unless you're organized and talk to a bunch of past CITO organizers; they will have lots of tips for you.