Reading Festival 2007

Don't forget to check out nearby caches Chris ... :laughing:

If we are in the area that weekend, will give you a bell :laughing:

Been to the sister festival (Leeds) for the past seven years - same again this year. Last time I went to Reading was 1996. Hope you have a good time!

The last time I went (there was no sister festival back then) was 1979, d'ya think I could apply for an OAP ticket this year? :laughing:

Went last year and the year before, and also in the mid 90s when Metallica and Prodigy were headlining. 05 was the best tho, Maiden headlining, fab weather, and the Ashes in full swing :laughing:

Cache on the Thames as you probs have seen, very close to where the ferry drops you off if you are decamping from the car park near Tesco downstream :laughing:

Not going this year tho - lineups shocking :laughing:

Good luck!, my son who is going looked at a sat view of the camping area last week and it was all underwater!

I went 2 years ago to accompany him and it was heavy rock Sunday. Probably the worst music I have ever heard with the exception of Echo and the Bunny men who were playing in the small tent. The lead singer must have smoked 15 fags during their performance!

Iron Maiden were truly awfull.

I'll be attending this year!, had to miss last years for the first time in 10, but my daughter was born so all is forgivable!.... Drop me a line if u want to. I will be the very drunk metaller with the under cut tied back long hair (yes, I'm male) scrabbling around in various undergrowth (I will get a Reading cache, even if it means I have to reamin sobre ....for a little while) so keep an eye out :(

Cafraan

Oh and I have to disagree, Maiden were great as ever!.

Edited by Cafraan

50 cent lol, all I really remember about that set was some rather angry looking gents with shaved heads approachinng the stage :S

MORRISSEY FTW he played the tackyness card up brilliantly!. (hope I'm not gettign the years mixed up, they all kind of blur into one after a while)

50 cent lol, all I really remember about that set was some rather angry looking gents with shaved heads approachinng the stage :S

MORRISSEY FTW he played the tackyness card up brilliantly!. (hope I'm not gettign the years mixed up, they all kind of blur into one after a while)

Its true they all do roll into one! Morrissey was cool, Blur, Metalica, Pearl Jam, Pulp etc etc!

I can read and write already so a Reading Festival wouldn't help me anyway! <_<

I went to a Chilli festival in Sussex last week and it was totally HOT!!! :o

*shakes head* that was terrible...

Just heard, our tickets came through this morning!... I was starting to worry for a bit there.