Garmin Topo West Coast on Micro SD Card

I'd like to get the preloaded west coast topo maps on micro SD card for my new Vista HCx. Found it at Amazon for $63+$9 postage. Has anyone seen a better price on these somewhere?

Are there any other options for getting topo maps into a Vista HCx with a Mac? I've found other topo progarms but nothing that supports downloads of the maps. Thanks.

Remember that if you get the preloaded west coast topo maps on micro SD card you can't use them on your PC. Buy the DVD and a micro SD card and you should save money too.

Are you referring to Garmin Topo US 2008? If so, I will look into getting that. I hadn't realized it was compatible with the Mac, but that's good to know. Thanks.

Remember that if you get the preloaded west coast topo maps on micro SD card you can't use them on your PC. Buy the DVD and a micro SD card and you should save money too.

Are you referring to Garmin Topo US 2008? If so, I will look into getting that. I hadn't realized it was compatible with the Mac, but that's good to know. Thanks.

Unfortunately, Garmin still hasn't released Mapsource software for OS X. Despite that, it's still more worthwhile to buy the DVD and find a PC to commandeer for loading maps to your GPS. Whenever they actually do come around and release OS X software, you'll be able to read the maps on the DVD. Depending on which PC you take over for map loading purposes, you'll be able to tinker around in Mapsource on that in the meantime. 2GB MiniSD cards will run you about 25 bucks, it seems.

Comparatively, the price of the DVD with all of the US, plus a 2GB MiniSD card to load whatever sections you want is much cheaper/functional than buying the preloaded cards. I believe they're also locked to your GPSr's serial number, so it's not like you can even juggle the chip between devices. 86.14$USD/card = 947.54 total = 18.96$/state vs 116.65$ for the DVD = 2.34$/state. The only way it's really better for the card is if you're never going to want a state that isn't on it (no traveling?), and you have no interest in ever looking at it on a computer, mac or pc.