Have to sell geocoins.

Team Donutdog

Jaime,

I am so sorry for your loss...please take comfort in knowing that Sedona has crossed the Rainbow Bridge and is happy and healthy again, playing with her many old and new found friends...my Alex and Rebel, among them...she has probably already started a geodog society of her own...and is waiting the day you will be together again! Patch and I send our love and hugs...remember, Patch still has his big,old black head on your knee, and, now a paw there too...

Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for all the condolences. I feel like I came here to sell some geocoins to pay the vet bills and got not only that, but also new friends. I haven't been able to respond to everyone individually who sent me a note of sympathy but please know that they have all been very much appreciated.

I was shocked when Sedona went downhill so rapidly, but I guess you can't ever take your eye off a disease like that. Her end was very peaceful and I am happy she is now out of pain. It is very hard not having her here with me, but I am trying to accept that it was her time. She had a long and hopefully happy life.

Thank you again. You all are wonderful. A couple of you have asked about how it's going financially and proposing additional auction ideas, etc. At this point I have done a full accounting of what I have sold, what has been sold for me, and what the vet bill tally was, and I can tell you I am in great shape. The vet bills are almost completely covered (and probably will be completely covered by the time I finish selling coins), which is more than I ever could have imagined or hoped for. This is a huge blessing and I am grateful to all of you who have donated and purchased coins during this time. One thing I know from the emails I have gotten is that there are some of you out there who have been through terrible personal traumas and some of you who have major ones looming. Now I feel I can look ahead to being a part of helping out the next person in need. The kindness and generosity of this community are a true gift.

All coins that were paid for last weekend were mailed on Tuesday, and those that were paid for during the week have gone out also. I am continuing to sell some coins and I have a couple invoices I need to send today. If you are waiting on anything from me, please let me know.

Thank you again, from the bottom of my heart.

Jaime

Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for all the condolences. I feel like I came here to sell some geocoins to pay the vet bills and got not only that, but also new friends. I haven't been able to respond to everyone individually who sent me a note of sympathy but please know that they have all been very much appreciated.

I was shocked when Sedona went downhill so rapidly, but I guess you can't ever take your eye off a disease like that. Her end was very peaceful and I am happy she is now out of pain. It is very hard not having her here with me, but I am trying to accept that it was her time. She had a long and hopefully happy life.

Thank you again. You all are wonderful. A couple of you have asked about how it's going financially and proposing additional auction ideas, etc. At this point I have done a full accounting of what I have sold, what has been sold for me, and what the vet bill tally was, and I can tell you I am in great shape. The vet bills are almost completely covered (and probably will be completely covered by the time I finish selling coins), which is more than I ever could have imagined or hoped for. This is a huge blessing and I am grateful to all of you who have donated and purchased coins during this time. One thing I know from the emails I have gotten is that there are some of you out there who have been through terrible personal traumas and some of you who have major ones looming. Now I feel I can look ahead to being a part of helping out the next person in need. The kindness and generosity of this community are a true gift.

All coins that were paid for last weekend were mailed on Tuesday, and those that were paid for during the week have gone out also. I am continuing to sell some coins and I have a couple invoices I need to send today. If you are waiting on anything from me, please let me know.

Thank you again, from the bottom of my heart.

Jaime

Jaime,

I'm glad to see you at least check in with us and that the generosity of the community was enough to help you out in a big way on a number of levels, that has got to be a wonderful feeling! I hope that with each day, things get a little bit easier, again I'm sorry for your loss. Please take care...

~tsun

Edited by tsunrisebey

Sorry it took so long, but my auctions are now back up. LE 2007 Dragonfly geocoin, LE Copper Rot 13 Dragon Spinner. All proceeds from the auction will be sent to Team Donutdog, so bid generously.

My best wishes go out to you and your dog!

These coins are up to $30 and $36 and end in a couple of hours. Proceeds will be sent to Team Donutdog to help cover what ever vet bills remain.

I am so sorry for your loss. ;)

Im glad we could all help during this difficult time in your life.

God Bless

Thank you all again so much. I'm sorry I haven't been posting much - it got a lot more painful to think about all this after I lost her. I know that many of you love your pets and have been through losses as well, so I know you understand. It's hard to believe she's not here after 15 years. I realized today that she was with me caching in 11 of the 17 (I think) states I have found caches in! Pretty good cache numbers for an old dog :D

To stay on topic - if you paid for coins over the weekend or today, they will be on their way tomorrow. Thank you again! I have sold over 70 of my own coins in addition to the wonderful donated coins, and not having to worry about the vet bills is a huge burden lifted right now.

Jaime

So sorry for your loss .We just lost our namesake 2 months back ...but he will always be with us as they live on in our hearts

We are so sorry for your loss

Is it possible to get your paypal email ?

Our family would like to help :cool:

Thank you all again, so much, and condolences on the losses. I have reached the very blessed position of being able to turn down offers for help and am suggesting that folks save their generous offers and ideas for fund-raising for the next person in need. My own coin sales and the coin donations I received (I am compiling a list to make a public thank you) have now covered the vet bills I incurred with Donutdog's cancer. I still have some geocoins I will sell but for now I'm not actively trying to sell them.

I just picked up her ashes on Friday and am thinking about making a small memorial site on one of the Sangre de Cristo foothills that overlook town, where I can look up and see her every day (near GCVQ23 or GC11P9X). I invite any of you who visits Santa Fe to come along on one of those hikes with me.

Jaime

PS - All coins that have been paid for as of Friday have been sent out. Please let me know if there are any problems.

Edited by Team Donutdog
So sorry for your loss .We just lost our namesake 2 months back ...but he will always be with us as they live on in our hearts

We are so sorry for your loss

Is it possible to get your paypal email ?

Our family would like to help :cool:

Thank you all again, so much, and condolences on the losses. I have reached the very blessed position of being able to turn down offers for help and am suggesting that folks save their generous offers and ideas for fund-raising for the next person in need. My own coin sales and the coin donations I received (I am compiling a list to make a public thank you) have now covered the vet bills I incurred with Donutdog's cancer. I still have some geocoins I will sell but for now I'm not actively trying to sell them.

I just picked up her ashes on Friday and am thinking about making a small memorial site on one of the Sangre de Cristo foothills that overlook town, where I can look up and see her every day (near GCVQ23 or GC11P9X). I invite any of you who visits Santa Fe to come along on one of those hikes with me.

Jaime

PS - All coins that have been paid for as of Friday have been sent out. Please let me know if there are any problems.

Jaime,

Thanks for the update and how wonderful about having the bills taken care of. I like your idea about a small memorial site for you to see Sedona's resting spot from your home. Not to be a downer or anything but I got an email the other day from a friend, Joe. He and his wife had to put down their 22 year old cat, he's feeling pretty badly right now, so keep him and his family in your thoughts. Time is the only thing that can heal these wounds but eventually we can smile again and even make room in our hearts for a new 'family member.' Take Care.... ~tsun :cool:

I was wondering how you were doing as well. I lost my little cancer dog "Putty" on august 29th, and I miss her so much. I have her cremains here with me on my computer desk, as she always liked to be by my feet when I was on the computer. I still have 6 other Pugs to give my love to and it helps ease the pain.

I was wondering how you were doing as well. I lost my little cancer dog "Putty" on august 29th, and I miss her so much. I have her cremains here with me on my computer desk, as she always liked to be by my feet when I was on the computer. I still have 6 other Pugs to give my love to and it helps ease the pain.

Hi folks and thank you very much for checking in to see how things are going :) I needed a little time to put the pain behind me somewhat. Things are going pretty well for me now and I hope all of you are doing well. I'm very sorry to hear about your loss, Arrow One.

I’d like to mention that this holiday season, I’ve decided to honor Donutdog’s memory by contributing to the local shelter for elderly animals (Kindred Spirits Animal Sanctuary). It seems appropriate given the long life that Donutdog enjoyed, and I know they can use the assistance and that it will be put directly to good use. If you are interested in helping me honor Donutdog’s memory in this way and receiving a Team Donutdog personal geocoin as a thank you, please drop me an email (please email rather than sending a message through this board as I tend to forget to check those :) ) Those of you who have traded personals with me know that they have never been for sale for personal gain, but were made (two years ago) only for trades, gifts, and for raising money for animal charities.

Thanks everybody and happy holidays!