What would you do for a Golden Yime?

YemonYime

Generally, anything. But after 14,000 road miles over the last 2.5 months we think we will stay put - for a couple months anyway. Heck we haven't even cached in our local area since April. Tell you what. Courier the cache puzzle & final out here and then we can find it. We'll send it back in, oh, a few days. Minus the coin of course. We'll even have it drop shipped to the correct coordinates. with new swag & goodies and our official log entries. Really, we will. :D

Sounds like a fun puzzle cache. :o

Wow! I saw this published right before I left for the MWGB, but I assumed that some coin loving person had found it already. I was saving the cache for when the hubby wanted to go caching since I think he may be a help in solving the puzzle. For the chance at a Golden Yime though, I will be trying this one very soon.

oh man! now someone else is gonna find it before friday! I can't get there before Friday...I just got my ticket for Friday confirmed... orlando to DC (quick jaunt to PA to grab this cache/coin) then 7000 mile flight to Beijing... now if someone wanted a certain coin to see a certain observatory in Beijing, and they could get the coin to me before Friday...

At the moment, there's one sitting in this cache.

The first few finders were gracious enough to leave it for someone who doesn't have one, so I figured I'd throw this out there for any potential road-tripping, puzzle-solving, adventure-seeking, geocoin-collecting folks.

Yime

No Yime coins here yet, but alas, 436 miles east is a bit far for me to go, what with having to help ClickChik get ready for a business trip on Monday. If it's still there on Tuesday, it might be worth calling in sick and tripping it, but then who would take care of our "herd" for me then? I guess I'll have to let this one go and hope I can find one later...

E 444.1mi from your home coordinates

Hmmm, we have three days off starting Monday. Puzzles are not really our specialty, but not knowing the puzzle before you get there is intreging. So if I can convince the Misses that we really need to miss her Mothers birthday on Tuesday. Hmmmm, well if someone has an extra room in the basement for me to sleep in for awhile, this might work. :D

I flew 1500 miles for my Geo-Leprechaun!...OH yeah I was visiting family, not just goin after a coin...I forgot :lol:

So at 2263.1 miles from that Yime, I could be there in 4 days driving my Jetta at 50 miles a gallon=...Shoot thats only like 300.00 in fuel!...Im there!

WAIT...Dont have that much yime...I mean time- Plane ticket to PA...429.00 Round trip... headed to the airport right now!...Can someone feed the dogs, water my plants and fix this dang truck for me??? Ill be back in a few days! :(

Ah man...I just remembered I have to be a little less compulsive with these coins!...Screw it Im there!

No, I think ill let someone else get this coin! It will make me happy knowing that because I left this coin, Someone else will be very happy to get it---Yeah...You enjoy this coin, finder of the Yime. But just remember who left it for ya!

Thanks for the chance Yime...Cant say ya didnt offer me one at one point in time!

As of now (6:00pm EDT), no find has been logged yet. But I drove by the parking and saw two cars parked at the suggested coords. Someone's giving it a go. :( Although, I've suspected a few of our local cachers might have been there earlier in the week. Maybe a little too proud to post their DNF's when the puzzle bit back. :P

And to clarify, this particular "Golden Yime" is one of three I retained from a batch that was destroyed. It has a really weird yellow enamel/blue glow combination on the reverse. The mint said it was an error, and when asked to duplicate it for another coin design they actually refused. B) They said it was a chemical mixing mistake that was in fact hazardous to their employees. :P:P:D

Consider that some unsuspecting Chinaman mixed two no-no vials together and almost ate a hole through to America for the sake of this coin. :lol:

So...book your flights and suck it up, people. What's a little mental torture compared to toxic poisoning? :P

D@nim@l already has a complete gift set of Yimes and as a result left it for the next lucky finder. Solving this very clever puzzle was reward enough. I imagine there are dozens of DNFs that won't be logged out of pride, but yet the coin waits.

Edited by D@nim@l

My car may have been one that was parked there when you went by today Yime. And I am so thrilled to say that I am now the proud owner of a Yime coin!!!! B):P:P:lol::(:P

Mine was the only car there when we headed down the path and I never saw anyone else. Only one there when we left too.

Managed to find it on the first attempt. I won't say anything about the puzzle except WOW.

Loved the puzzle (once we got it solved). The hike was great too. I am the fourth person to find the cache, but the person who hasn't logged online already had a Yime.

Thanks for a good challenge today. And I love the coin!! Hmm.. after reading your post about how it was a mix up, maybe I should seal it up and not touch it again though?

Whoooo Hooooo! Way to go Lisa! Yes, yes, be careful with that coin. You'll be fine as long as you don't somehow liquefy the enamel. Then it turns into something akin to Alien blood. You could accidentally give your living room a nice skylight (to your bedroom). :laughing:

Congratulations!

You could accidentally give your living room a nice skylight (to your bedroom). <_<

That would be quite a feat as the living room is on the same floor as the bedroom. This is some scary stuff if it gets liquified!!

Thanks to everyone for the congrats. I am so happy to have a Yime coin, and the fact that it a special Yime coin makes it even cooler.

Here are some pictures. I tried to capture the unique color on the back (but I am not all that great at taking geocoin pictures yet). The glowing picture is a bit fuzzy too.

DSCN3468.jpg

DSCN3470.jpg

Well I missed out on the Yime <_< Never got the GS notification of this being published or I might have attempted this cache a little sooner.

I knew late last night after reading Princess Lisa's post the Yime was gone... Congrats and thanks for the above pictures.

However, what a great well put together puzzle cache...Oh did I mention the hike!!! Loved it!!! The puzzle portion of the cache was too cool!!!

"Patience and diligence, like faith, remove mountains." William Penn

OKAY maybe not that mountain!!! :blink:

Steel City Babes #8