Fancy a pint?

Hi all.

I was thinking it may be nice to meet up with fellow geocaches who leave those funny messages in your log books. Perhaps share some funny stories and other intresting caches around the UK/World? all over a nice pint and bite to eat in some nice British pub. ("Plume of feathers" in Princetown)

If anyone is intrested then let me know what dates you are free. I was thinking around end of August just b4 the kids go back to school?

Laters all

Bully.

Hiya all. Looks like the 1st Sept it is then.

Timings: 13:00? any other suggestions feel free to let me know

cheers for now

bully

Now all you have to do is knock up a quick event page :D so that those who do not visit the forums will have a chance of attending :D

Have been given the green light by "her indoors" to come along.

Will probably be bringing along a 'Noob' (friend of the wife) who's interested to see what's this little game is all about and is keen to get involved the social side of geocaching (not like me I like caching solo).

Please treat her gently (that's the Underworld Series out then :rolleyes: )

bully & little princess wrote:

All i need to know is how to do it..emmmm?

Just fill out the online form for placing a cache, and for cache type choose "Geocaching Event (Event Cache)".

Sadly you are probably too late. From the guidelines: "Event caches should be submitted no less than two weeks prior to the date of the event, so that potential attendees will have sufficient notice to make their plans. "

I can't be there as I have other plans I'm afraid.

:lol: Hi everyone.

Well i tried my best to make "Fancy a pint" into an event, but i was too late.

:) BUT!!! i do have a cunning plan :lol:

My cache "water water" is not far away from the plume of feathers. So we could perhaps "wink wink" go there and drop off, pick up any TB's Coins, etc?

I'm releasing a new TB on the day; i think im going to call it "Fancy a Pint"

Cheers all

David

Edited by bully & little princess

:) Morning all!!

"Fancy a Pint" is still going ahead...I never get tired of going to a pub..hehe

I'll also have my parents with me as well who are down visiting. I have checked the forum and think the following people will attend plus guest it should total around 16 people

Bully and little princess

Stuey

Snells Pace

Bill D

Father Jack

Wheelybarrow

Pualluap

Captain Gore-Tex

Deceangi

Bar Sinister

See you at 13:00, I'll be wearing my blue GAP baseball cap and black NORTHFACE jacket :blink:

Add my thank to Bully too,

Nice to meet a few new faces and some I've met before. One face I couldn't even remember from about 3 weeks ago (sorry Mrs Wheelybarrow).

Managed to keep the kids alive as Stuey's dog (Ozzy), if it wanted could have had one for starters and the other for main course.

They all enjoyed it except the wife, she had more fun at the village fete watching the firemen :)

Then onto the moors to run a Geocaching for Dummies course :blink:

I was fortunate to join a select bunch of cachers at lunchtime today for a pint in the beer garden at the Plume & Feathers. Good to meet some new faces to new names as well as new faces to familiar names, and familiar faces to familiar names (I think I covered all bases there!).

Thanks for planning the get together Bully, good to meet you. It's a small world though.... I met some cachers at the very next cache that I tried for (DNF'd Pirates of Princetown just down the road) and met two cachers that happened to know your mate Tenna as well!

See you all again!