THE CACHE-AID SERIES (A series of 2 coins)

LoriDarlin

Introducing the CACHE-AID SERIES!!! This series has been an idea of mine for a long time....for at least 2 years and thanks to THECACHINGPLACE and all their help, they are helping me to make it a reality!!! This will be a series of two coins to be sold at separate times but still fairly close together. They will each be trackable with their own icons!!! I am posting information on coin one right now....to get interest on it and ask you a few questions....again its called the CACHE-AID KIT . Before I say anything else I'll show you some pictures for all you visual people!!

firstaidboxforums-post.jpg

firstaidboxgold-LE-version.jpg

Particulars are:

COST: $10.75 black nickel, standard (white background)

$19.99 set (one standard bn + one LE (gold/green)

SIZE: 1.5"x2.125"

THICKNESS: 2 mm each coin totalling 4 mm

Hard enamel on all coins

Hinged coin

Top and bottom coin have a magnet between them that holds them together. You have to *pull it apart* to open it. Cool 'eh??

Trackable

Unique Icon

Lastly, while the LE will never be remade....if there is enough demand, the standard black nickel may or may not be remade.

Sooo....what I'd like to know is:

Are you interested in this coin?

Do you like the idea of sets?? (one standard, one LE)

Would you rather see them sold separately??

Would you like the option of being able to pre-order this coin?? or do you like the mad rush and frenzy of wearing out your F5 button?? :)

The mint will be starting on the samples right away and we will have the sample pictures in a few weeks...if you choose to do a pre-order I will take it at that time.

What do you all think???

ps: The second coin in the series is a band-aid box. It will have its own special icon too. More info and pics to come later.

Thanks,

Lori

Edited by LoriDarlin
Are you interested in this coin? YES

Do you like the idea of sets?? (one standard, one LE) YES

Would you rather see them sold separately?? YES

Would you like the option of being able to pre-order this coin?? YES

or do you like the mad rush and frenzy of wearing out your F5 button?? NO NO NO

Absolutely, anything made by Lori Darlin has to be great.

Not really, I would like to have the option of only purchasing one.

Yes

Would you like the option of being able to pre-order this coin?? or do you like the mad rush and frenzy of wearing out your F5 button??

Pre-Order

Great looking coin.

Thanks for your input & nice comments so far :) I am so excited about this!! :)

You will be able to order the black nickel on its own if you only want one coin :o

To get the LE you must get the set if we sell them as sets but you will also get that little price break that way too.

Does the price include shipping? If not how much will it be for shipping?

ahhh GOOD QUESTION!!! And i kind of have an answer!! :)

This set will be sold thru THECACHINGPLACE website. I'll provide the link when the time comes. No the prices above do not include shipping. The shipping is based on what ever the buyer chooses and is based on the weight of the order. They also add a $2 handling charge per order - NOT per coin.

Edited by LoriDarlin

Great looking coin, definitely interested in getting both editions!

Pre-order would be nice, saves me from having to fret about being at the computer at the right time in case it sells out quickly.

Sets with both finishes would be fine, but being able to order an extra coin of one edition or the other separately would be nice also.

:) Love it! Great work ;) Will definately be up for these, keeping both eyes open :D

Sooo....what I'd like to know is:

Are you interested in this coin? Yes

Do you like the idea of sets?? (one standard, one LE) Yes

Would you rather see them sold separately?? As well as the LE set, Yes

Would you like the option of being able to pre-order this coin?? or do you like the mad rush and frenzy of wearing out your F5 button?? Hmmmm... after recent sales on popular coins... Definately. Yeah sure somepeople don't like them because they don't like parting with their $ too early, BUT, if you are guaranteed the coins you want then why not. In short heck yeah :o

Definitely a great idea for a coin, it looks awesome.

Do a PREORDER please - much nicer knowing that you have one and not fighting someone's website. :D

Regular edition should be sold in singles.

I have no problem with LE being part of a set.

Congrats on a very neat design!!!

:D Great new coin, Lori!

Are you interested in this coin? Most definitely!

Do you like the idea of sets?? (one standard, one LE) yes

Would you rather see them sold separately?? individual and/or sets are fine with me

Would you like the option of being able to pre-order this coin?? or do you like the mad rush and frenzy of wearing out your F5 button?? definitely a preorder! :o

Would you rather see them sold separately?? No

Would you like the option of being able to pre-order this coin?? I prefer a non-payment pre-order with a paypal invoice when the coins are in hand, but I'm okay with a pay in advance pre-order as well.

or do you like the mad rush and frenzy of wearing out your F5 button?? After my latest failure, I could do without the F5 drama, thank you. :D

Really like the design, like the price on the set, and am looking forward to getting another cool hinged geocoin.

--Marky

Yes, i love it!

I'm in for one set.

Would you like the option of being able to pre-order this coin?? or do you like the mad rush and frenzy of wearing out your F5 button?? :D

Since most of these rushes happen at 2 a.m. local time i prefer the pre-order. Standing up in the middle of the night and then no chance to get the coins i want? No thanks, I've seen it once.

Hell yea!

Sure

Either way

Would you like the option of being able to pre-order this coin?? or do you like the mad rush and frenzy of wearing out your F5 button??

Pre-order!

Well done loridarlin.

Jake

oh dear, I can see I already messed up. I am so sorry. Since I am not funding these myself and they are being sold thru TheCachingPlace they will have to be PRE-SOLD and not pre-ordered if you want them guaranteed. I think I was too excited when I posted about these :lol:

If you choose the option of having them PRE-SOLD then you will have your coins in hand about 3-4 weeks after the sales ends. They will run the pre-sales the same way they are doing tsun's silver turtle. They will start the pre-sale once the samples arrive and run it for 3 or 4 days, then order the coins. This way you are guaranteed your coins.

Here are my newly worded questions:

Would you like the option of them being PRE-SOLD or do you like the mad rush and frenzy of wearing out your F5 button??

Again I apologize for my error and please keep your suggestions coming :(

I gotta say when I saw this thread title, the first thing I thought of was Lemonade or YemonAde, yeah I know its not spelled right, but maybe the famous Yemon Yime might maybe kinda sorta just possibly need aid finding a cache... okay okay, its weak, but that's where my brain went...

Yes I like the coin. I hope the white one is in hard enamel because then it would look even more like a first aid kit.

Yes I like the idea of sets, but this is based on the art and I may well change my mind and want to buy the LE separately when I see the actual coin pics, so don't hold me to this.

Yes a pre-sale is fine by me. I know via the words that its going to take awhile to receive the coin. And I know that the time frame is indeterminate because you don't know what's going to happen at the mint. Just keep the communication coming and I am fine.

I was wondering about the colors on the RE versus the LE. They look very bright on the RE in the picture above, but the LE is much lighter? duller? Something. Just wondering about the differenc and what, if anything, it implies.

Did I say I like this coin?

Would you rather see them sold separately?? No

Would you like the option of being able to pre-order this coin?? I prefer a non-payment pre-order with a paypal invoice when the coins are in hand, but I'm okay with a pay in advance pre-order as well.

Really like the design, like the price on the set, and am looking forward to getting another cool hinged geocoin.

--Marky

This sounds Very good to me, too :laughing:

Hey everyone!! :blink::D:) GUESS WHAT???

THE SAMPLES HAVE ARRIVED!!!!

cacheaidkitforums-outside-front-bac.jpg

cacheaidkitforums-inside.jpg

They will be available for presale at TheCachingPlace on Thursday, Sept. 6th thru Monday morning Sept. 10th. That gives you a full four days to order yours. We took the poll and it looked like most people wanted this option, plus it shouldn't crash any servers this way and everyone will have an opportunity for these coins. I will bump up the thread when the time comes so you will know when to order.

During this time they will be sold individually (only black nickel version) or as a set (one black nickel and one green cammo LE).

The LE's will NEVER ever ever be minted again so get them while you can. Again you have to buy the set to get the LE's. As stated in the first few paragraphs of this thread, the black nickel might be reminted later on if demand calls for them.

After the presale is over, the coins will be ordered and we should have our coins done and back 30 days later. They will get them promptly sent out as they always do!!! yay TCP :)

I will be up for awhile to answer any questions this evening and then I will be gone for a day or two depending on the weather. I will check back asap to answer any additional questions when I get back.

Hope you all enjoy the sample proofs...the coins are even better :D