Moonshine Meet & Greet Coming September 29th

CYBret

I posted this also in the Midwest forum, but knowing how special this place is, I wanted to make sure my friends to the south knew about the event also. We'd love to see come!

I wanted to invite you to the Moonshine Meet and Meat and Greet (with bacon) event coming up at the end of September. If you’re not familiar with Moonshine, Illinois, it’s an amazing little town with a population of exactly two. However, every day (Monday through Saturday), hundreds of people pack this town to get one of their signature Moonburgers. It’s become so well known that Moonshine has been featured on CBS Sunday morning and several other programs.

More information about Moonshine.

I’ve had a cache at Moonshine for about five years now. Cachers from out of the area often complain that they arrived too late for a burger (the grill closes promptly at half-passed noon) and have asked me to put together an event at the store. Just to sweeten the deal a little, there will be an evening cook out event in a nearby town that day as well. Add it that, there are over 40 caches within 10 miles of Moonshine and I think you can expect a great day of caching and fun.

Moonshine’s not an easy place to find (it’s one of those “you can’t get there from here” places), so I wanted to mention this in the forums to give everyone a chance to come. This is one of those places you haven't seen in years. If you've got young kids you'll definitely want to bring them to experience it before places like this are all gone.

We would love to see you there!

2cff8894-de96-4d78-9e1c-c3f476f2afdb.jpg

Bret

P.S. The current record at Moonshine is 716 burgers served in one morning. I'm not sure we can beat that, but if we do it'd probably qualify as a Mega Event. :)

If you can convince The Geocoin Store and The Moop Along to host a Geocoin Poker Tournament at this Moonshine Shindig we will be there and ready to play poker and eat burgers! <_<

If you only knew how good these really are then you'd know that poker pales in comparison!

d7ebde8c-9be2-4f94-a66a-a0a5a067de25.jpg

:blink:

I might be able to have my friend from Massachusetts meet me here before heading down to Kentucky for the month of October. Sounds like fun - it is officially penciled in. :laughing:

Why don't you just meet your friend there?

Apparently I'm much better at surprises than she is. :D

I've had some requests for hotel and camping information in the area. I've added both to the The Moonshine Meet and Meat and Greet (with bacon) event page, plus some information about another event being held in another nearby town later that evening.

S'more Meet and Meat and Greet(with Marshmallows)

C'mon. What else do we have to do to sweeten the pot? :D