Good event location near Indianapolis?

Cryptik Souls Crew

I live in the UK and I have to admit to being a bit of an icon junkie. Not so much coins, for me the cache icons are the challenge. I had a full set until the new cache type was announced, so now I find myself booking a trip to Indianapolis so I can visit the GPS Maze at Muncie.

I'm going to be staying in Anderson from Aug 29th to Sept 2nd and would like to try and get an event set up so I can meet some local cachers, swap some bugs, stories etc. Does anyone have any suggestions of a good venue I could hold it at? Preferrably with beer/pizza available! I will have a car so would consider anywhere within about an hours drive of my hotel.

Any ideas?

Mounds State Park in Anderson is a very nice, caching friendly park with great history. But there's a park entrance fee ($4, $5 on weekends.) Here's a cache there, so you can bring up the map and see what's there:

Not Quite an Almond Joy

If you'd like a free venue, Cool Creek Park in Carmel, IN, is on the far north side, 151st St at Meridian, so it's sorta halfway between Indy and Muncie. It's a great wooded park with nice trails along a creek. Here's a reference cache there:

Shady Path

Grins, -2qwerqE

I live in the UK and I have to admit to being a bit of an icon junkie. Not so much coins, for me the cache icons are the challenge. I had a full set until the new cache type was announced, so now I find myself booking a trip to Indianapolis so I can visit the GPS Maze at Muncie.

I'm going to be staying in Anderson from Aug 29th to Sept 2nd and would like to try and get an event set up so I can meet some local cachers, swap some bugs, stories etc. Does anyone have any suggestions of a good venue I could hold it at? Preferrably with beer/pizza available! I will have a car so would consider anywhere within about an hours drive of my hotel.

Any ideas?

I do know there's a Meet and Greet Event in Plainfield (on the SW side of Indianapolis) on August 25, but as the saying goes, "If you host it, they will come." I think some of the Indy locals would be interested.

Here's a link to Anderson area pizza restaurants if you wish to check out a few venue possibilities.